PDA

View Full Version : Luis Feu de Mesquita Ukes

Laouik
12-06-2011, 05:29 PM
Hullo!

So I've been keeping in touch with Luis, who build my tenor ukulele. He' sjust finished four ukes... thought I'd share his work:

http://lfdmguitars.ca/new-ukuleles

He's mentioned that demand for ukuleles are almost exceeding those of guitars... he's amazed.

Vic D
12-06-2011, 06:06 PM
Absolutely stunning! I love that sinker redwood. I want that clear pick guard material... where's it at? lol. I'll find it. Beautiful ukes... do want.

Pete Howlett
12-06-2011, 10:18 PM
Where has he been these last 4 years? Since the recession guitar makers have really been hurting and ukulele makes just getting buy. Was the same in the 1930's...

Moore Bettah Ukuleles
12-07-2011, 04:30 AM
Where has he been these last 4 years? Since the recession guitar makers have really been hurting and ukulele makes just getting buy. Was the same in the 1930's...

They're just a little slower than the rest of us Pete. When you're carrying a ton of guitar tradition on your shoulders it tends to cause a bit of drag.

Allen
12-07-2011, 09:10 AM
Ukulele orders and sales are 10:1 over guitars for me. Guess where I spend most of my time.

Rick Turner
12-07-2011, 11:06 AM
Hey, Pepe Romero is building a few ukes now, too.

Pete Howlett
12-07-2011, 11:49 AM
Put these two words together in the right order: wagon and band....

Dan Uke
12-07-2011, 12:00 PM
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?56510-Flamenco-luthier-focusing-on-building-ukuleles

Laoiuk

I guess you really like this brand as half your threads are about him and second one in about 2 weeks in LL. I'm sure another one will pop up in one of the forums!! LOL

Rick Turner
12-07-2011, 12:50 PM
In modern marketing-speak, this is having one's "street team" do viral advertising. Forums are full of fan-boys (and girls) promoting their favorite brands...err, their friends' products. You ought to see it over at "the Gear Page". As I've said, though, it's odd to promote here...I mean the Luthier's Lounge is not exactly where you find customers if you're a luthier.

Lots and lots of shadow posting on the Internet, too. This is one of the reasons I hate "handles"...the use of them encourages anonymous behavior that one might not engage in if real names were to be used and associations were to be announced as a requirement of participation. Kind of reminds me of what's wrong with Political Action Committees, too...