"Ever Since That Day" - ukulele original

CountryMouse

Reaction score
I wrote this in September, around the one-year anniversary of my mother passing away. It was mostly to explain where I'd been and why I hadn't been posting videos. The lyrics are on YouTube, and there are little hints in the tags there also.

CountryMouse

Aloha J,
Woo Hoo, Welcome back to the videos..glad to see you back here and making videos...always loved them...yes Tim said it right, songs from the heart always touch me.......
I lost a parent several years back too...the ukulele pulled me out of that one...hope it does the same for you too... Happy Strummings...YF, MM Stan

That is very sweet. There is no better music than that from the heart.

Aloha J,
Woo Hoo, Welcome back to the videos..glad to see you back here and making videos...always loved them...yes Tim said it right, songs from the heart always touch me.......
I lost a parent several years back too...the ukulele pulled me out of that one...hope it does the same for you too... Happy Strummings...YF, MM Stan

Thank you both, Tim and Stan. :) I think the thing that helped me get back into playing and singing is DH getting me a banjo ukulele! You'll see an introduction video for it in a few days. And I'm working on some songs with it. :)

CountryMouse

very moving lyrics and so sensitively performed CM, thanks for sharing this one, it's a lovely tribute to your mum

"...but the music goes on, there will always be songs for you"

blessings
jon

very moving lyrics and so sensitively performed CM, thanks for sharing this one, it's a lovely tribute to your mum

"...but the music goes on, there will always be songs for you"

blessings
jon

Thank you so much, Jon. I did it more as an explanation, in a way; but I guess when songs "come through", you don't really know what other meanings others will hear in them. :)

Mousie

Aloha Mousie...
Just came across your first video....on you tube...it was nice and I think you made your version of the original song.. I think it was Aint she sweet..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0IKhQQBKRU

Ha! I haven't looked at that in ages! I was hesitant because I was not familiar with the chords and had only been playing a couple weeks! I made up the words the night before! :)

Mousie

Bless up sister- lucky you were to have your mom around for so many years, but mom and dogs- they should never leave us. Please keep playing because the tune, if it is heart felt, well, it is heard in heaven. Beautiful song and touching tribute.

Bless up sister- lucky you were to have your mom around for so many years, but mom and dogs- they should never leave us. Please keep playing because the tune, if it is heart felt, well, it is heard in heaven. Beautiful song and touching tribute.

Thank you very much. :) I'm hoping you're right, that maybe the songs are heard in heaven.

Most days things are feeling better now. I know someone who just lost her dad. She said this is so hard to go through, she's going to forbid her mom to ever die. ::quirky smile::

I think I've been wandering around "out there" for about a year, since Mama died, and I've come home, back to the ukulele community. And everyone's been so kind and welcoming. Why did I ever leave??

Mousie, who just subscribed to your YouTube channel :)

Top Bottom