Minty Style 2 LoPrinzi Soprano

Skitzic

Reaction score
I have a minty mahogany style 2 LoPrinzi soprano I'm looking to sell. It's a wonderful instrument. Balanced, melow...it plays like a dream and sounds what I imagine butter would sound like.

I'm selling it for 2 reasons: I can't get used to the neck. I like my necks to have a little more chunk to them. The second reason is I'm getting a slammin' deal on a ubass and I need the money!

Comes with a nice Fremont rectangular locking case. Keys included. $750 shipped to continental US. Sorry, no over seas shipping.

Will post photos later tonight.

Ohhh Stan, it's lovely. That's why I held on to it so long, even though I really don't like the neck at all. It is the lovliest sounding soprano I have ever played / heard. I was hoping I could get used to the neck eventually, but I have fat troll fingers and the thin neck is very uncomfortable for me. And I have been having a love affair with u-basses since they came out.

Ohhh Stan, it's lovely. That's why I held on to it so long, even though I really don't like the neck at all. It is the lovliest sounding soprano I have ever played / heard. I was hoping I could get used to the neck eventually, but I have fat troll fingers and the thin neck is very uncomfortable for me. And I have been having a love affair with u-basses since they came out.

If you ever want to "go soprano" again,......you might consider a Kanile'a soprano. The neck on mine is a lot beefier in the hand, and the neck is wider also. I believe my K2-S with claro walnut B&S and bearclaw spruce top has a 1 1/2" nut width, and plays really easy and almost feels like a concert.

PS,....i'd put the tone and volumn of this one up against ANY soprano. A thick & meaty tone that can bring tears to your eyes. (in a good way!). I've done some "minor" :)D) work on it, of course,......but it was special before i started.

If you ever want to "go soprano" again,......you might consider a Kanile'a soprano. The neck on mine is a lot beefier in the hand, and the neck is wider also. I believe my K2-S with claro walnut B&S and bearclaw spruce top has a 1 1/2" nut width, and plays really easy and almost feels like a concert.

PS,....i'd put the tone and volumn of this one up against ANY soprano. A thick & meaty tone that can bring tears to your eyes. (in a good way!). I've done some "minor" :)D) work on it, of course,......but it was special before i started.

I have had bad luck with Kanile'a. If I ever ran across one in the wild that I fell in love with, I would consider it...but I will not purchase another sound-unheard if that makes sense.

I have a Mainland cedar top soprano which suits me just fine. The neck is more comfortable for me, and it sounds lovely too. If I were to pick up another soprano it would be from a smaller shop, preferably local...but I know of two smaller Hawaiian builders I would buy from in a heart beat.

Kelii is the way to go for beefy necks.

I apologize for the lack of photos still. Verizon is experiencing 'difficulties' in this service area and the internet isn't working at home. I even brought the camera into work...but the memory card is in the laptop at home! GAH!

Maybe this is a sign from higher powers that I need to keep it?

Nah. Just my bad luck. :(

I have had 5 Loprinzis, all were great players. In my opinion, the best uke for the money. I mean, come on, all made by Augi, Donna or both. A custom ukulele at factory prices, everyone should own at least one! BTW: model 2 sopranos retail for 1050.00!

Last edited:
I have had 5 Loprinzis, all were great players. In my opinion, the best uke for the money. I mean, come on, all made by Augi, Donna or both. A custom ukulele at factory prices, everyone should own at least one! BTW: model 2 sopranos retail for 1050.00!
This is true. An incredible value any LoPrinzi is. Very nice materials used on all.

Bump.

This is a super nice uke. Buy yourself a wonderful early Christmas present!

Can't believe this one is still sitting here. Santa .. WHERE ARE YOU??? I have been very very good!

I'll consider trade or trade+$ offers. Let me know what you have. Other instruments welcome

Top Bottom