Fender Koa Nohea with pickup OR Pono?

mattchiro

Reaction score
I've got a Fender Nohea Koa Laminate I love (high g). Thinking of getting the same model string it low g and put in a passive pickup.

Would you go for this or a similarly priced Pono? +- $350 budget?

I have the Fender and really like it, but there's no comparison between it and a solid wood instrument. Check out the Pono.

At the price of that Pono, you should check out the brand Kelii, they are hawaiian made and sound a bit better than Pono, but still at around the same price range.

I have a Fender Telecoustic guitar, and when I heard they were making the ukuleles I really really wanted one. I went down to my local Guitar Center and they had one. I was not impressed. I did not buy it, even at the low price point of the Pa`ina. I have a Pono ukulele (A PKT-1) that is beautiful and one of my favorite ukuleles to play, period. I know you said you like your Fender but I would really check out the Pono if you think you might go in that direction.

Anyone see the $1600 (approx) custom Kanilea K2 with a tele headstock on ebay last week?

I have a Pono MCD-E and love it. Just put Ko'olau alohis on it and wow, is she sweet sounding.

Top Bottom