1913 Massacre (Woody Guthrie)

drbekken

Reaction score
http://youtu.be/RytM7rdBRug

This disturbing song is one of the greatest songs I have ever heard in my life. I rarely play it, but UKISOCIETY inspired me to do it. Not everybody has a quiet, blissful Christmas in this world, that's for sure.

Thanks, great to hear that again in such a forceful version. Never thought of it as a christmas song either, good one.

you keep setting new standards mate. This one gave me chicken skin everywhere. Incredible song, incredible performance. Blown away.

Really great - thanks for sharing. It seems that some of these events are kept more alive by Woody's songs and our keeping them going. It generated an interesting discussion with my husband and me. And sorrow.

Really great - thanks for sharing. It seems that some of these events are kept more alive by Woody's songs and our keeping them going. It generated an interesting discussion with my husband and me. And sorrow.

Thanks for the comments, everybody. Yes, it's a sad song, and the same things happen all over the world on a regular basis, so it never loses its actuality. That's what makes Woody Guthrie such a universal singer/poet. Who would write such songs today? Expressing anger through beauty is no small feat.

Top Bottom