Eleuke Solid Body Baritone Electric ?

indigo_dave

Reaction score
I was looking at an Eleuke.com pdf catalog today and discovered a solid electric baritone - model BCJ100-FMH. I emailed them about a week ago but the email address was "support@stringnet.com.jp" (a japanese email address ?). I asked if they had any plans to make a baritone version of the sunburst jazz uke. I received no answer.

Anyone know if the model I listed above is in production ? I'm still baffled by how few baritone models there are.

David

I know! I know! Haha!

Ok... soooooo... they made a few to see if there was interest. There was interest. I scooped up all they had left and they were gone before I could put them on the shelf. They came out with a dark wood flame mahogany. Now the new batch it out. It is a blonde flame mahogany (if there is such thing). I have about 5 coming in next week. Not to promote myself. There will be other people selling them too. BUT... I will have some in about a week and I set them up real nice :p.

I can send ya pics if you would like. Just shoot me a line at mimontheuke atttttt aol dottttt com!

They used to be dark like this:

IMG_1898.jpg

but now it has a blonde color... like the color of this guitar... not the eleuke. It was the only pic I could find.

arton895.jpg

A baritone Eleuke? I am interested in getting one too... who sells them?

I wonder if the neck is wide enough to convert one to a bass?

Considering the uBass only uses a typical baritone neck, why not?

orolfa gers

Is there a solid body steel string electric ukulele anywhere to be found? I see many tenors but would be very interested in the baritone version! :eek:

Is there a solid body steel string electric ukulele anywhere to be found? I see many tenors but would be very interested in the baritone version! :eek:

i know this is old but the konablaster steel string solid body baritone uke is in my opinion
the best option and steel strings really are not as scary as everyone thinks even i was worried
at first and now after having it i love it :) doesnt hurt the fingers at all :)

Hello iamesperambient,
If you don't mind, I have a few questions about the Konablaster.
Does the Konablaster have strap buttons? What is the carpet material on the back for, and have you experienced any problems with it?
Finally, when it comes time to change the strings, where can you get steel baritone ukulele strings? A Google search brought up no results.
Am I correct in assuming that nylon strings would not work with the Konablaster's pickup system?
Thanks! Happy Thanksgiving!

Jupiter Music out of Australia was making them, one at a time and selling them on eBay. I got one a couple of years ago. Really nicely made.

Hello iamesperambient,
If you don't mind, I have a few questions about the Konablaster.
Does the Konablaster have strap buttons? What is the carpet material on the back for, and have you experienced any problems with it?
Finally, when it comes time to change the strings, where can you get steel baritone ukulele strings? A Google search brought up no results.
Am I correct in assuming that nylon strings would not work with the Konablaster's pickup system?
Thanks! Happy Thanksgiving![/QUOTE

the konablaster is perfect no issues I love it.
there is a strap button on the button on the bottom
but elderly instruments will install another one for you for free they did for me and
everything is great. the carpeted back is meant to keep the uke from sliding
when you are playing with out a strap and it works great for that.
no active pick ups such as a sealed humbucker only works
for steel strings. and you can use normal guitar strings such as a size 11
Ernie ball and use the dgbe strings from the set.
also dadi makes steel baritone strings for sale on amazon which are set up for this too I posted a thread about these strings but no seemed to bother with it anyway hope it helps I love my konablaster and recommend it to anyone looking for a real solid body steel string baritone.

Last edited:
I was looking at an Eleuke.com pdf catalog today and discovered a solid electric baritone - model BCJ100-FMH. I emailed them about a week ago but the email address was "support@stringnet.com.jp" (a japanese email address ?). I asked if they had any plans to make a baritone version of the sunburst jazz uke. I received no answer.

Anyone know if the model I listed above is in production ? I'm still baffled by how few baritone models there are.

David

I saw this apparently RISA is making or has made an electric baritone ukulele
http://www.tikiking.com/namm_2008/namm_2008_pic30.html
I haven't seen them for sale but man if i was rich and able to get this
it would be the ultimate jackpot.

Top Bottom