UU members are awesome!

raecarter

Reaction score
I just felt compelled to share that. A week ago I posted that my kala acacia tenor had a horrible buzz that had put me off playing it all together. I had a day off work today so have had time to try all the fixes that were suggested in a problem post I put on her last week. I took all the strings off on the head and taped them back then tried to get my hand in and feel the chord for the under saddle pickup. Ken suggested that could be a problem if it was vibrating against the body. I took some cloth and wrapped it around the bunch of coil then taped it down. I then took the saddle down 3 more mm. When I re strung it I made sure there were lesa wrap arounds and tuned it all up. The buzzing has gone! I now have it better set up too due to the lower saddle and the misi still works! Thank you to all who help others on this forum as I thought I had an expensive wall decoration but it is now my beautiful uke again!

Glad you got'er straighted out. Ukers are the friendliest people on earth, especially UU'ers

I've tinkered a bit in the past so feel comfortable but I was gutted when the buzzing happened. It was only the pickup cable thank fully

Top Bottom