FS: New Koaloha D-VI with Case $700

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbb

Reaction score
I purchased a KoAloha D-VI from MGM last Christmas as well as a KoAloha Tenor for my girlfriend in hopes that we would learn to play together. She loves her Tenor but I haven't even touched my D-VI, just don't have the time.

So I'm selling my brand new KoAloha D-VI tuned by MGM for $700 plus shipping. It comes with an O'ahu hard case as well as the humidity "rope" that MGM included with the ukulele. I have made sure to maintain sufficient humidity in the case since I purchased the ukulele.

I will accept the following payment methods: Cashiers Check, Money Order, WU (If you need the uke as quickly as possible), or COD.

If paying by COD make sure to have your money order/cashiers check ready for the delivery person and also make sure to open the package and inspect the contents before accepting the shipment.

If you would like any more pictures just let me know.

dsc00372sn.jpg

dsc00374vy.jpg

dsc00371kq.jpg

EDIT:

Buyer did not want to pay the shipping charges so this uke is still available.

It is all packed up and ready to ship. If your interested just PM me your zip code and I will get a shipping quote for you. I am located in NC. You can also get your own shipping quote by using the following shipment details:

Shipping From zip code: 27712 if sent by December 26th or 28269 if sent after December 26th (currently at in-laws for Christmas hence the 27712 zip code)
Shipping To zip code: Your zip code
Package Weight: Doesn't matter, put in 5lbs
Package Shape: Rectangular
Package Dimensions: 37" L, 18" W, 11" H
Insurance: $800
COD Amount: $700 + shipping

FYI: Shipping quotes to California are:

USPS Parcel Post with insurance and COD: About $45. COD adds about $8 to the shipping charge.
UPS Ground with insurance and COD: About $80. COD adds about $10 to the shipping charge.
FedEx Ground with insurance and COD: About $80. COD adds about $10 to the shipping charge.

Last edited:
Hmmm.... First post and will only accept cash...

Do you have any references folks can call? You phone number would be helpful. Where are you located? Can people drop by and inspect it in person?

Located in Charlotte, North Carolina. I do not only accept cash, I will accept COD which is the most risk free option available for a buyer. With COD if you aren't satisfied with the item you tape it back up and refuse the shipment. PayPal offers ZERO protection for the seller which is why I will not accept it. I do not post phone numbers on public forums, sorry.

I am selling a few high dollar items to members on the TalonAirgun forum, shipped a package out today and will be shipping another tomorrow. I guess I could get a potential buyer in contact with them after they receive their items sometime next week.

If a reputable member here wants to inspect it in person that would be fine.

I will accept Escrow as well but fees are much higher than COD.

Should I take another picture of the ukulele with a UkuleleUnderground note next to it?

Last edited:
You probably should put a sign up with the pic due to some people being anal about it. If I were looking for one of these I wouldn't have a problem buying from you. Nice looking 6 string you have there.
Located in Charlotte, North Carolina. I do not only accept cash, I will accept COD which is the most risk free option available for a buyer. With COD if you aren't satisfied with the item you tape it back up and refuse the shipment. PayPal offers ZERO protection for the seller which is why I will not accept it. I do not post phone numbers on public forums, sorry.

I am selling a few high dollar items to members on the TalonAirgun forum, shipped a package out today and will be shipping another tomorrow. I guess I could get a potential buyer in contact with them after they receive their items sometime next week.

If a reputable member here wants to inspect it in person that would be fine.

I will accept Escrow as well but fees are much higher than COD.

Should I take another picture of the ukulele with a UkuleleUnderground note next to it?

Just what exactly is this? I've seen them on eBay. I'm guessing it's a ukulele that's strung like a guitar giving the way the strings are laid out. Is it tuned the same as a guitar?

Yes, it's a 6 string ukulele. It's been a year now since I researched and purchased the D-VI but I believe it is tuned regular ADGCEA and you can also tune to relative slack key. If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will come and correct me.

i'm in the charlotte area.

if it would help the uu community to feel safe about the sale, i could meet you, jbb. play the uke and let everyone know of its real existence and general condition.

what say you? i'm also very curious to hear/play one of koaloha's d-vi ukes.

drop me a note.

i'm in the charlotte area.

if it would help the uu community to feel safe about the sale, i could meet you, jbb. play the uke and let everyone know of its real existence and general condition.

what say you? i'm also very curious to hear/play one of koaloha's d-vi ukes.

drop me a note.

If a prospective buyer would like someone to inspect the ukulele before buying I would have no problem with meeting up with you. Which area of Charlotte do you reside?

Not for nothing, but if I were in the market for a guitalele, I'd likely be all over this.

Not for nothing, but if I were in the market for a guitalele, I'd likely be all over this.

I thought that would be the attitude around here but haven't received any offers yet. I think I payed around $1000-$1100 from MGM so $700 would be around a 30% discount.

If anyone would like more information or additional pictures just let me know.

Hi Jbb,

I will buy this from you. I'm new to UU also, just for this purchase, but also been intending too. I'm a long long time "100%" positives ebayer, so I'm sure we can swing this quickly, as you sound like a straight up gent as well. I'm not experience with forums, however, so I'm not sure of the next step. Do we somehow exchange our email addresses or phone numbers? Can a fellow UU member provide quick advice on the best way to transact a UU sale for us. I DO find a quick chat for items of this value always brings comfort to everyone. COD is great risk-free option for both--much appreciated. Best Regards, MickeyRat.

Hi Jbb,

I will buy this from you. I'm new to UU also, just for this purchase, but also been intending too. I'm a long long time "100%" positives ebayer, so I'm sure we can swing this quickly, as you sound like a straight up gent as well. I'm not experience with forums, however, so I'm not sure of the next step. Do we somehow exchange our email addresses or phone numbers? Can a fellow UU member provide quick advice on the best way to transact a UU sale for us. I DO find a quick chat for items of this value always brings comfort to everyone. COD is great risk-free option for both--much appreciated. Best Regards, MickeyRat.

You can click on the sellers name & "Private Message" him to swap necessary contact information. Looks like a GREAT deal on this uke!

...ah, MickeyRat here again...now I've got it figured out, I think...will email you directly via the private option. Oops. Slow on the uptake here. That's why I usually stick to 4 strings only--that's about all I can handle...but I'd like to stretch my brain with yours. : )

Buyer did not want to pay the shipping charges so this uke is still available.

It is all packed up and ready to ship. If your interested just PM me your zip code and I will get a shipping quote for you. I am located in NC. You can also get your own shipping quote by using the following shipment details:

Shipping From zip code: 27712 if sent by December 26th or 28269 if sent after December 26th (currently at in-laws for Christmas hence the 27712 zip code)
Shipping To zip code: Your zip code
Package Weight: Doesn't matter, put in 5lbs
Package Shape: Rectangular
Package Dimensions: 37" L, 18" W, 11" H
Insurance: $800
COD Amount: $700 + shipping

FYI: Shipping quotes to California are:

USPS Parcel Post with insurance and COD: About $45. COD adds about $8 to the shipping charge.
UPS Ground with insurance and COD: About $80. COD adds about $10 to the shipping charge.
FedEx Ground with insurance and COD: About $80. COD adds about $10 to the shipping charge.

Last edited:
Just wondering any reason you don't use PayPal? It's safe for the buyer and seller and many would be willing to split the fees.

Interesting how two extra strings reduce value. A standard 4 string KoAloha Tenor at this price would have been scooped up in minutes.

An enterprising person on Oahu (may not be worth shipping costs for others) could find out how much it would cost to replace nut & bridge to convert this to a 4 string tenor. I'm assuming the 4 lower tuners could still be used as-is.

The D-VI 6-String Tenor Ukulele is a unique ukulele. It has a Tenor Ukulele body and Gloss Finish. It also shares the same sound as the Tenor, however it can be tuned just like a guitar...

Interesting how two extra strings reduce value. A standard 4 string KoAloha Tenor at this price would have been scooped up in minutes.

An enterprising person on Oahu (may not be worth shipping costs for others) could find out how much it would cost to replace nut & bridge to convert this to a 4 string tenor. I'm assuming the 4 lower tuners could still be used as-is.

that's an interesting conversion idea. but if you look at the pics on koaloha's site, you'll see that the fretboard for the d-vi is noticeably wider that the normal tenor.

a classical guitar fretboard is wider than a regular acoustic guitar. so, it's not unheard of.

that's an interesting conversion idea. but if you look at the pics on koaloha's site, you'll see that the fretboard for the d-vi is noticeably wider that the normal tenor.
Of course! I thought I might be missing something. Best play it as it was designed.

Just a thought to original poster: it's a fine instrument, certainly. Takes a special buyer, one who can appreciate the six strings. For the 30% discount you offer it for, did you contact KoAloha? They're great folks, as you know, and they may buy it back from you. You paid $1100--so they profited once. They sell blems and seconds in their shop on the wall and may well check it out, set it up again, and sell it on the wall for $850 or so. Win-win. Just a thought.

Just wondering any reason you don't use PayPal? It's safe for the buyer and seller and many would be willing to split the fees.

PayPal is NOT safe for the seller. If a buyer for any reason decides he wants his money back PayPal will do it. I had a customer the year before last charge back a whole years worth of orders (over $1000) and PayPal happily accepted them all even after I sent prior correspondence with the buyer telling me how happy he was with the products and sending tracking information for EVERY order. After that fiasco we canceled our PayPal account and got a real merchant account.

PayPal does not protect sellers, end of story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom