Rare Pono PTMS-2CE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

UKESTAR

Reaction score
Rare Pono PTMS-2CE

Pono PTMS-2CE (Pono Tenor Mango Spruce -2 Cutaway Electric)

Purchased directly from Pono/Koolau. They made a very limited run of these. The owner at the shop says about 12 were made. I asked him why such a limited amount were made and he said that it was "just too difficult to find the mango wood." I said "Really?" He responded...."Well...the quality found on your uke...yes..." Pretty neat to hear from the owner in my opinion.

Also, I have yet to see another one with binding similar to this one. I have seen only two others and they had a dark wood binding.

It is beautiful and sounds amazing!! Worth med brown strings. MSRP $750

Spruce top. Pono passive pick up. Gold Grover tuners. Mango sides and back.

This uke has been babied like all of my others. If you have seen the other ukes that I have sold on UU before, you know that I take great care of my belongings.

Like new with EXTRAS.
Comes with Koolau hard case,
a very nice leather ukulele shoulder strap,
electronic humidity gauge,
ukulele song book, a polish rag AND....
monster gold tip prolink amp cable!

Will accept $650 OBO. Considering how hard it is to find these...seems fair. I have been looking around for last couple of weeks are there are zero for sale anywhere that I can see. The owner of Koolau says these are rare and in demand also.

Split shipping.... $10 each seems fair.

Thanks. PM me if interested! I can email better/cleaner pics if your are really interested. Happy Holidays.

I am in San Diego if you want to stop by and see it in person. 619 252-6264

Attachments

• uke_1.jpg
    uke_1.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 138
  • uke_2.jpg
    uke_2.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 139
  • uke_3.jpg
    uke_3.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 117
  • uke_4.jpg
    uke_4.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 117
  • uke_sticker.jpg
    uke_sticker.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
I had one of these but it wasn't a cutaway. Mine (also which was just labeled "PTM" not a a "PTMS"), was actually a sprucetop. Is there a chance yours is too? It looks spruce rather than cedar.

At any rate, I agree they are very rare. Nice uke! Good luck with your sale.

Reduced to $599 OBO.. I would really like to get this uke to a UUer and stay off of fleabay..:eek: PM if interested. Many thanks... Nate

I am the bidder on ebay and I am a UU'er. Hope it earns me right to match or beat highest bidder.

I am the bidder on ebay and I am a UU'er. Hope it earns me right to match or beat highest bidder.
That's not the way epay works and the seller could actually get in trouble - or at the least negative feedback from the winning bidder - if he doesn't complete the sale with the winning bidder on epay.

No interest in this item - just don't want somebody to get their eBay rep shot down for trying to be nice. :)

John

That's not the way epay works and the seller could actually get in trouble - or at the least negative feedback from the winning bidder - if he doesn't complete the sale with the winning bidder on epay.

No interest in this item - just don't want somebody to get their eBay rep shot down for trying to be nice. :)

John

Barking up the wrong tree, Phart. I fully understand how ebay works!!!!! Thought I saw someone trying to buy if in UU Marketplace....just wanted a shot at it. Nice lecture though, LOL! :) I don't think I'd "go off" on a UU'er at any rate.

Last edited:
Just a quick story of a similar experience I had... The last uke I sold, I listed on both Ebay and UU. I ended up selling it to someone on UU, and ended the auction early stating that the 'item was no longer available.' I ended up getting some disgruntled Ebay bidder really upset by not giving him a fair shot to win the auction. He literally flipped out on me through various emails. He even tried to report me to Ebay for seller violations, since Ebay techinically does not allow you to list an item for auction and list it on another venue. In the end, I got him to calm down, and I never suffered any damage to my feedback rating, but it was a pain in the neck. Coincidentally, that uke was also a Pono tenor, but it was a koa model.

Good luck selling your uke. It's a nice one.

Barking up the wrong tree, Phart. I fully understand how ebay works!!!!! Thought I saw someone trying to buy if in UU Marketplace....just wanted a shot at it. Nice lecture though, LOL! :) I don't think I'd "go off" on a UU'er at any rate.
Ahhh, gotcha. I thought you were asking for the chance to trump the last epay bid if you were outbid there. :)

Just a quick story of a similar experience I had... The last uke I sold, I listed on both Ebay and UU. I ended up selling it to someone on UU, and ended the auction early stating that the 'item was no longer available.' I ended up getting some disgruntled Ebay bidder really upset by not giving him a fair shot to win the auction. He literally flipped out on me through various emails. He even tried to report me to Ebay for seller violations, since Ebay techinically does not allow you to list an item for auction and list it on another venue. In the end, I got him to calm down, and I never suffered any damage to my feedback rating, but it was a pain in the neck. Coincidentally, that uke was also a Pono tenor, but it was a koa model.

Good luck selling your uke. It's a nice one.

Yeah, the reason it gets frowned on so heavily is because a lot of people abuse the system. I've watched time after time where someone who didn't want to pay the fee for putting a reserve on the auction cancelled it shortly before auction close. I got burnt four times on the same guitar years ago - I was the winning bidder each time the guy closed it because he'd "sold it locally." He'd wait a few days before listing it again. I reported him to epay but they probably never did anything about it. The ironic thing is, if he'd just let the first auction run it's course he'd probably have gotten what he was looking for unless he was expecting some crazy amount.

It used to happen often enough that I think epay finally set it where the seller can't cancel the auction in the closing hour or two. This reduced the amount of cancellations because most folks know that most auctions go from zero to hero in the last few seconds because so many people snipe. Now days I suppose if you see a "cancelled because sold locally" it's probably true...or a new epayer who doesn't realize the affect sniping has on the typical auction.

Of course, I don't buy much on epay anymore. All the fun's gone out of it since the old days when it was like a neighborhood flea market.

John

Damn, some lucky guy got that beauty...I haven't been checking in enough and would have picked it up from UU...Congrats to someone though!!

Bidding ended on this item therefore this thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom