All I want for christmas is a pono 8 string ukulele

dokeeffe

Reaction score
Please help! Can't find a pono 8 string or similar any where! The new ones won't be out until February or March. Does anyone know where I can find one? I live in Ireland but will be in New York from Christmas until the end of February. Can anyone help make my Christmas dreams come true?

Have you tried Hawaiian Music Supply? The website says "low - no stock -call or email" for a Pono 8-string mahogony tenor, but HMS has a close relationship with Ko'olau (which makes Pono), so if there's one to be gotten, HMS ought to be able to get it.

Have you tried Hawaiian Music Supply? The website says "low - no stock -call or email" for a Pono 8-string mahogony tenor, but HMS has a close relationship with Ko'olau (which makes Pono), so if there's one to be gotten, HMS ought to be able to get it.
Yes HMS is the same family owned company...contact MGM he is affilated with them now too...they also just open up a new ukulele shop too.......
All I want for Christmas is a Chuck Moore Bettah...

Last edited:
Would you consider an 8-string mangos tenor made by Tangi? He posted it on CL Hawaii about a week ago. I'm trying to get ahold of him via phone. The price was $280. Full face and back no bookmatching

Does 6 strings work at all? We expect the 6 string Sailors in your time frame. You are right John Kitakis says ETA Feb/March on the 8 strings.
Please help! Can't find a pono 8 string or similar any where! The new ones won't be out until February or March. Does anyone know where I can find one? I live in Ireland but will be in New York from Christmas until the end of February. Can anyone help make my Christmas dreams come true?

Get the Kanilea in the Marketplace....quickly!

Get the Kanilea in the Marketplace....quickly!

I agree this would be the better uke. But then again, the OP would be paying commensurately more for that quality :)

I was just about to post the craigslist ad from the San Francisco area, but Drew Bear beat me to it. That uke has been up on CL for months and months. If it were closer to me, I'd be happy to try to help you procure it, but alas, it's a long drive from here. I do think you'd like the Kanile'a better ... but as the seller, of course I'd say that!:)

Would you ship to New York? Would you do a COD? I really would love this one. I was looking at buying one but it was out of my price range.

Top Bottom