Introducing my new banjo ukulele

CountryMouse

Reaction score
Lots of talking but also singing, strumming, and a book. :)

CountryMouse

It's Brilliant! You are going to have a little fun with that Banjo. Sounds great!
If you want to muffle it a little- a rolled up washrag between the dowel and the head (I like it best at the top of the head) will do the trick :) It does sound great on the mike here though- I have to muffle mine because I have very little self control whilst strumming.

It's Brilliant! You are going to have a little fun with that Banjo. Sounds great!
If you want to muffle it a little- a rolled up washrag between the dowel and the head (I like it best at the top of the head) will do the trick :) It does sound great on the mike here though- I have to muffle mine because I have very little self control whilst strumming.

Dave,

Thanks! I am glad you let me know what you think of the sound! In the review of the Eddy Finn vs. Lanakai, it said the Lanakai had a "mellow" sound as opposed to the Eddy Finn "bright" sound. I liked the idea of the mellow sound (plus the pretty antique-looking hardware). I will definitely keep in mind about the washcloth (are you from the South? Grandma always used to say "washrag" :) ).

Mousie

I find the addition of new ukes (ocassionally) is the perfect way to maintain the energy and enthusiasm for lots of practice. Enjoy.

Hehehehehe! I'll quote you next time I start begging DH for yet another ukulele. :p Have you looked at my .sig file?! I still have two ukuleles on my on-down-the-line wish list: a grape soprano Flea and a Firefly banjo ukulele!

Mousie

Last edited:
Aloha J,
Welcome back...woo hoo you look so comfortable in front the cam..nothing like a new uke or banjo and book to get back in the groove again...loved the video...have fun and enjoy
your new banjo..happy strummings..

Haha- yeah, the tone is warm on that little bugger- as for the south, nope, born and raised in California...
Dave,

Thanks! I am glad you let me know what you think of the sound! In the review of the Eddy Finn vs. Lanakai, it said the Lanakai had a "mellow" sound as opposed to the Eddy Finn "bright" sound. I liked the idea of the mellow sound (plus the pretty antique-looking hardware). I will definitely keep in mind about the washcloth (are you from the South? Grandma always used to say "washrag" :) ).

Mousie

That Lanakai sounds great. Ditto what TCK said about the washrag I have one on my Goldtone banjo uke and also installed a wright banjo mute/tone enhancer. By sliding it close to the bridge, I can muffle the sound with the banjo mute to the point where I could play it at 3am and not disturb anyone if I want to. Slide it back towards the tailpiece for full volume. There is another mute called "corky" that is the same thing made out of wood instead of metal.

Aloha J,
Welcome back...woo hoo you look so comfortable in front the cam..nothing like a new uke or banjo and book to get back in the groove again...loved the video...have fun and enjoy
your new banjo..happy strummings..

Thanks! I'm not always comfortable in front of the camera, but I'm trying to relax more. :)

Mousie

That Lanakai sounds great. Ditto what TCK said about the washrag I have one on my Goldtone banjo uke and also installed a wright banjo mute/tone enhancer. By sliding it close to the bridge, I can muffle the sound with the banjo mute to the point where I could play it at 3am and not disturb anyone if I want to. Slide it back towards the tailpiece for full volume. There is another mute called "corky" that is the same thing made out of wood instead of metal.

That sounds interesting (banjo mute), but I think I'm happy with mine the way it is. :) If I want to play something when everyone's asleep, I have my Eleuke. :)

Mousie

Top Bottom