Glad to have a uke again

sealcove

Reaction score
My first and only uke was a used Kamaka tenor that I got a couple of years ago. I loved it for a year, but I sold it to support a fit of mandolin acquisition syndrome, a decision I have regretted for the last year since I parted with it. Anyway, I have since been thinking that I really should be playing uke rather than guitar as a second instrument, and I just picked up a used Pono here in the classifieds as a test to verify my memory of uke fondness.

Well it has only been a few days, but all of the tunes are coming right back (mostly stuff out of John Kings classical uke and of course Jakes version of While My Guitar Gently Weeps, which seems like the Stairway to Heaven of uke tunes). In short, my memory was right and I should never have sold that Kamaka!

The Pono seems like a good instrument to get me back in shape. It does not have the volume that the Kamaka had, but it plays well and has nice tone. Will cut my teeth on it for a month or two and then perhaps see about something a little snazzier!

Glad you decide to come back to the uke...yes it is a happy instrument...Happy Strummings.. it is hard to beat a Kamaka..one of the best, if not the best premimum uke off the shelf..

Congrats on coming back to the fold! Ha! I just got a pono concert and think it is a great uke for the money. Glad to hear you like yours too.

Once you go uke, you never go... Oh hmm, have to work on that one, but you get the idea. :D Welcome back to the fold!

Thanks folks, having fun with it again for sure. I just wish I had sold a guitar off last year instead of the Kamaka, but oh well.

Welcome back to ukulele, congrats on the Pono, and let go of the regrets! Just enjoy it...

Top Bottom