Just Like Heaven

Ken Middleton

Reaction score
Here's a quick, one-take version of Just Like Heaven. It is quite minimal. And slow, which I like. And not perfect.

Ken,

I really liked that. It drew me in. A nice casual feel. Thanks for posting.

PS - I also like the camera angle. IF I can manage it in my small space, in future videos I'm going to change mine to be more like what you are doing here. If you read this one again, I would be interested unknowing what camera you are using and how you are picking up audio (on camera?).

Last edited:
gee, that was awesome work Ken, came across just as it obviously was...very spontaneous, free...

often that's the best way to go I find, stops you overthinking it and the structure, riffs etc and just lets you off the leash to do what feels right at the time...just loved this one...guess it also helps to have a fantastic song in your hands too, eh. Cheers mate :)

Absolutely fantastic Ken! Great tune, well played

As always, thanks for watching.

gee, that was awesome work Ken, came across just as it obviously was...very spontaneous, free...

often that's the best way to go I find, stops you overthinking it and the structure, riffs etc and just lets you off the leash to do what feels right at the time...just loved this one...guess it also helps to have a fantastic song in your hands too, eh. Cheers mate :)

Thanks very much for your comments, J. Yes, it certainly is a great song.

Aloha Ken,
Loved the song and the way you played it and sang...real nice...a different style, lovely mate.. happy strummings

That was great Ken!

Ken: I enjoy that song, and like this version. I particularly like/liked your monochrome studio version...I think you did it for the Go 90s or Hank's 80s contest. Nice.

Top Bottom