Tonight you belong to me - No Vocal, just uke!

Ambient Doughnut

Reaction score
Seen lots of videos showing how to play this but none seemed quite right to me - Spent some time working it out this evening, this is how I reckon it goes. Not perfect - I'm no Lyle Ritz but I think it's something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gJgV5LUqsc

I've left out the singing - It really needs to be a duet. But if you're a Bernadette Peters circa 1979 lookalike who'd like to help out then please PM me. ;)

Last edited:
yeah Gavin, this is really good mate. Just awesome playing, well worked out, and that uke of yours sounds sweet as. Top notch stuff all round brother. :)

Thanks guys!

But in the cold light of day I've realised the video was pretty dark and fuzzy and the playing not so great. So I've reshot it this morning.

This was one of the songs I really wanted to play when I first picked up the uke so cracking it feels like quite a milestone. :)

Last edited:
Last edited:
The Muppets make everything better. Fact.

Lovely job! I learned this song for my boyfriend when we started dating...(because we both love Steve Martin oddly enough)...and he still gets all misty eyed whenever I play it. One of my favorite memories is a random family member just doing the backups for me when I was strumming it one day...

Top Bottom