headstock thickness for grovers

HippieDave

Reaction score
I can't believe I cannot find this info, but searches have come up empty. I'm going to be using Grover 9NW geared tuners, and cannot find a spec for headstock thickness (or for the hole sizes, although I can just use an index for that). Anyone have any recommendations on that?

The tuning pegs are 1/2 " from the back bracket to the beginning of the 'curve' where the hole is for the string. The peg is 13/16 overall from the back of the bracket to the tip top of the peg.

BTW, progress since initial post: a Go Bar Deck!
DSC_2488.JPG

Last edited:
Boy I feel dumb. Thanks. I never looked at the "sales" sites; I was browsing around Grover's site and looking for how to articles instead. That answer's my Q tho. thanks.

Well, that's because everything works backwards down there. Like water spiraling the other way etc.

Depending on what I'm doing I've gone from 10.5mm to 11.5mm Dave.

Don't take Liam too seriously. He'll take the piss out of anyone who's game enough to stand still while he's got them in his sights.:D

Al, I thought about mentioning that I've used those tuners on most of my builds and that I like 9.5-10.5mm thickness but I didn't feel like having to show Dave how to use google to convert mm to inches.........................................

Hey, a little humor goes a long way, but you go over the line in being insulting. f#$% off A$#@&^&.

I can't stand the look of an anemic headstock and those posts are ridiculously short. Grover does make longer posts for them but you need to buy them separately. I get them directly from Grover. Maybe if enough people demanded the longer posts from StewMac they start carrying them.

Last edited:
I agree. At 1/2 inch (or 12.7mm for those who appear to be uptight about that sort of thing), the headstock looks good. Don't much care for the idea of reducing it.

Top Bottom