New Uke Day Soon: Do you ever feel like...

Plainsong

Reaction score
... There should be a siren that goes off at UU whenever you buy a uke, especially if you made a thing about not having a huge Christmas? If you ever watched QI, it sounds like that siren.

Yeah, that's me. Risa uke solid tenor and a Vox Twin amplug incoming. The twin has chorus, gotta have chorus!

It just feels like when you succumb to UAS, there should be a forum siren that goes off. :eek:

:agree: Yep.

Aloha Plainsong,
Woo Hoo girl...Congratulations....who did you get it from...no forget pictures when your baby arrives...waiting for the update girl....

I got it from Risa directly at ukulele.de. There was an online German music store that had it for cheaper, but the site was German-only, and I'd never heard of them (it wasn't Thomann). Rigk stands behind his stuff, so better safe than sorry! :)

Anders has been wanting a Falcon pipe for Christmas, and I've been teasing him about the looks. Falcon has this modular system and it just doesn't look like a pipe to me at all. Now he gets to tease me about the uke stick! :)

The way I rationalized it was that I needed something for those 2am "I want to learn this song" sessions. That and Risa is using the geared banjo tuners now.

I think there used to be a siren, but we wore it out.

Aloha K,
I got one too and the risa has the best electronics...but for accoustics the captain backpacker is awesome..and cheaper...anyways congratulations..
maybe you get one next time...love my concert backpacker too..worth every cent.. BTW I got my stick almost new for 180.00 couldn't pass up that deal..right?
I love my honeytone with it...makes a good pair..

Last edited:
Now it just sorta goes Wheewwrrrr-oh-i-give-up. :D

:agree: especially when Stan's doing his buying, he probably wore it out all on his own ;)

Currently, there's a small instrument on its way to me from the state of Hawaii, but the shipping method says "UPS Ground". Not sure how that will be managed across the Pacific Ocean. :)

The maintenance for the siren would be overwhelming.

I learned from a movie I watched that everytime a bell rings, somebody in Ukulele Underground is getting a uke...No wait, I got that wrong.

nbc.jpg

Ups ground goes by air to Ontario California then by ground to destination.....you wouldn't believe how many times people watching the tracking would email me and ask why their uke was in Canada. Lol

Ups ground goes by air to Ontario California then by ground to destination.....you wouldn't believe how many times people watching the tracking would email me and ask why their uke was in Canada. Lol

I remember the Christmas I got a Kanile'a k1-dlx superconcert from you. The weather here in Finland was really really bad, and I'd read a post on Ukecosmos where someone got a Kanile'a shipped to them with the finish all crazed over from the temperature swing. So you went ahead and shipped it to my parents in South Carolina. Then in the meantime, talking with you, and Kristen, the consensus was that it would be safe to ship here as long as I wasn't an idiot and opened it right away. So back in the air it went, and it got here sometime in January I think.

My Kanile'a, the last gift I got from Grandpa, went from Hawaii, to SC, to Helsinki, spending way more time in transit than it would have otherwise have done... it was insane... but worth it. :D

Adventures in UAS!

Congrats Plainsong for your newest addition! I'm sure you'll be pleased with it. Okay, I can't be sure you'll like it but I have the concert Uke Solid and husband has the tenor and we've been happy with our purchase. I got mine from Musique83 in France. Great shop, great prices and you see what you're going to get. They're really fast too.

I've been thinking of getting the Amplug but not sure which one (I'd love to get the amPlug cabinet too, it's too cute!) so I'd love to hear what you think about yours when you get it. I mostly play without amplifying (you know, those late night moments when you get a sudden inspiration) or use the Honeytone or my Vox DA5.

I used to have the concert uke solid, so I know how the ergonomics go. On the one hand, low action, on the other, square neck. :)

I got my Koaloha from Musique83, and I agree about the awesome service there! I didn't think to check there, but I've had good luck with ukulele.de too. Rigk actually has Kamakas now!

I went with the Vox twin amplug because it supposedly has chorus, my most used effect. It was down to that one or the acoustic. I'll let you know how it goes. I've got a DA5 here at home, but the amp I use is the Roland Mobile Cube, which is just spectacular for uke.... especially on the keyboard setting. That's saying something, because I usually can't stand Roland. :)

Top Bottom