shortage of oscar schmidt ou7t

1300cc

Reaction score
cant find this uke on ebay who is willing to ship to australia.....even amazon.com is out of stock......

"Availibility :Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available. We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information. Your credit card will not be charged until we ship the item."

Apparently ukes are still selling well. Nobody can keep them in stock. I did manage to find a concert flea (tie dye version) for a good price. Bought it for my wife.

Apparently ukes are still selling well.

In the past 2 days we've sold 9 ukes. Usually we sell about 2-3 ukes a week so I chalk it up to the Christmas season!

finally decided to buy the pono mt.....i like the kala and OS but it looks like pono is the favorite, another reason is the HMS custom setup service they are providing, i hoped it will be good, coz its my first item bought from HMS.......waiting to arrive, i hoped will be here in australia before christmas. But if someone will give me a present i'll ask for the oscar schmidt ou7t coz of its looks, and lifetime warranty..

I'm sure you will love what you bought HMS does a great job. I have a couple of OS Ukes and love them but i suspect the pono is a next step up good luck

In response to the OP's original question...US Music corp., the parent company to Oscar Schmidt, Washburn Guitars and others, was sold to a Canadian concern called Jam Industries maybe 1.5 years ago. Ever since, Washburn, and I assume Oscar as well, has had supply and distribution problems. Washburn has had some pretty bad quality control problems as well, especially on new models. I don't know if Oscar is the same way, but I would definitely "try before I buy", as it were. I'd hate to buy sight unseen and get a lemon.

In response to river_driver
I have an Oscar Schmidt OU280SWK Ukulele and it is an outstanding instrument. Solid Koa, a bit of eye candy, great sound and reasonably priced. Don't know about quality of other models though.

Well I have 2 OS ukes and both are outstanding although I dont think any shops that do set up on them sells the brand. Btw right now the 280 can be stolen at a couple of online stores for a ridicolus price and OS cases are some of the best out there.

Top Bottom