kala tenor solid mahogany or oscar schmidt ou7 tenor

Kala solid mahogany tenor

+1 Kala solid M

I think a more fair comparison would be between the Kala SMT and the Oscar Schmidt OU245SWK.

The OU245SWK is a very nice tenor, with a body made of solid quarter-sawn mahogany. Mine plays great and has a bright, clear sound.

Both are very nice ukes, but I'd give the nod to the Pono.

Now it's Pono vs. Kala? Take the Pono everytime!!!!
Otherwise go with Kala.

How about between kala smt and pono mt?
The Pono, but it's 20-30% more costly.

From your previous posts it sounds like you want a tenor to practice fingerpicking? But you are more comfortable with soprano & concert scale? I'm a novice, but would like to understand how this works. My inclination would be to buy the best possible concert you can find; maybe one with a neck suitably shaped for easier fingerpicking? And, of course, buy from a source that will do a proper setup so you get the best possible playability from that particular uke.

I think ill go for the , pono mt.....i like practicing on a tenor coz of the wider frets , i find my fingers are bit relaxed once i play next on a concert, other reason if i need a louder volume then i use the tenor , i sholdnt have sold my tenor......

finally decided to buy the pono mt.....i like the kala and OS but it looks like pono is the favorite, another reason is the HMS custom setup service they are providing, i hoped it will be good, coz its my first item bought from HMS.......waiting to arrive, i hoped will be here in australia before christmas. But if someone will give me a present i'll ask for the oscar schmidt ou7t coz of its looks, and lifetime warranty..

Top Bottom