Plastic Jesus Live at Bsus Xmas Bash Friday 9th Dec

ukuleledaveey

Reaction score
Hi all, firstly thanks to all who helped me on the thread for the chords and lyrics to this song, well on friday night i finally got round to doing my first spot at a open mic session. Which was at the Ukulele society i belong to Bsus ( Bishop's Stortford ukulele society ) it was a great night we had a head line slot from The Re- Entrants who are smashing fellas as well as great uke players.
Anyway i had had 7 or 8 gin and tonics before going on stage and felt as sober as a judge, i was shaking all over, anyway hope you enjoy and once again thanks for all your help i couldnt of done it without you :)

Last edited:
WELL DONE! (Especially after that much gin!) The shaking goes away eventually. I remember an audition where I could not stop my legs from shaking violently. Play for friends, family, neighbors, people on the street. You don't have to be on stage to get playing experience. I look forward to more of your performances.

Ha Ha Dave!!! It's amazing what nerves can do to one's state of sobriety or otherwise! Mate, you did an awesome job of this one, your performance was great and you had the crowd singing along. Good to get the first solo one out of the way. Here's cheers to many more brother! :)

Thanks so much for your kind words and encouragement it means so much to me, so i humbly thank you :) I cant believe i drank that much gin and felt stone cold sober and yet had a raging hangover in the morning, apart from taking up the uke this year the other awesome discovery was this forum , where i cannot praise the people highly enough, so much encouragement and all round positivity thanks so much to you all :)

Last edited:
hi guys sorry for bumping this up again :) cheeky old me lol just woulf love your feedback and comments, as it was my first ever solo public outing and i have only been learning from january this year, cheers all .

Thanks for bumping it, Daveey - I missed it the first time around.

Well done, man! Your nerves aren't apparent at all - your strum sounds great and the vocals are right on. It's a great tune, as well....

I did my first open mic with my local uke group last month also - the positive feedback you mentioned is one of the great things about folks who play this instrument - there's a lot of love in the uke community! I could barely keep my voice steady and closed my eyes through most of it, even had to start one verse over, but was very warmly received. I can only imagine it's going to get easier.....

Congratulations for breaking the ice - you did great!

Thanks so much skidoo, you have been so great with your positive feedback on all my vids, i must say i was nervous putting this up , what with it being my first solo attempt and hopefully not my last. I make a effort at our club nights now to do a solo song to try and make it easier though the nerves are still pretty bad lol.
Yep i must say I think the folks on here are pretty amazing, i hope one day i can make it over to the USA and get to meet some of you fine folks, but better get my uke playing up to scratch first and then save lol. :)

Top Bottom