Jambalaya in the bayou

you guys are just great together Gavin. Love the arrangement with the bass, harmonica and the banjo uke...you guys need to get out doing some gigs seriously, this was pure joy!!! Every part of me was jiggling...an unfortunate image surely but this is BRILLIANT...couldn't pick out a single mistake meself

Thanks guys - got to say it was a lot of fun, especially trying to harmonize. That was a new experience for me! :)

Every part of me was jiggling

Pics or it didn't happen! ;)

Last edited:
Nice, Gavin.

When I explained to my wife that she was listening to a group of Brits do a Cajun-style country song, her reaction was to laugh and say, "Of Course! I should have known!"

(She came into the room to see what I was playing along with....)

You and your brothers are doing well together. Thank you!

-Kurt

Great job guys - you could almost pass for cajuns. :)

Of course, you need to do a distance collab with The Kid (TCK) on accordion for the final authentic touch on this song!

John

Nicely done, Gavin - you guys sound great.... especially like the harmonica lead, very well done, and it sounds really nice with the banjo.

This is one of my favorite songs to play. We do a weekly music night with friends and family and this tune is one of the few that gets called every time. Two chords and a dance beat - how can you go wrong?

Thanks for putting this up - looking forward to more from you and your crew.....

Cheers, Bill!

There's definitely something to be said for the simple two chord song. You can just get into the groove and not have to worry about remembering what's coming up next!

Top Bottom