Ladybug Philosophy - ukulele original

just love your style Doug, this is such a sweet, whimsical song...should be on Sesame Street this one! :)

Wow, the ladybug and the uke, it seems perfectly appropriate. Your uke sounds terrific too, must be very satisfying to build and then play your own ukulele.

Thanks. Who doesn't love ladybugs, and who doesn't love the uke?

just love your style Doug, this is such a sweet, whimsical song...should be on Sesame Street this one! :)

Thanks, Jon. Sesame Street already has "Ladybug Picnic", but that has only 12 ladybugs. Maybe they could use mine for the days when Sesame Street is brought to you by the number bazillion.

Good stuff Doug and that ukulele sounds great !

Never seen a ladybug metropolis like that before !

Aloha Doug,
Loved your playing and the video....that's a cool original, keep um coming..

Always wondered about Ladybugs..such a unusual shape to fly..don't they sell them as pest repellants?? now that is quite a swarm of them..wow..

Ladybird surely? ;)

Brilliant Doug - you should definitely have your own TV slot! :)

Thanks. Yeah, I know Ladybird in the preferred British usage, but everybody calls them ladybugs here in the states. I didn't want to confuse the locals. :)

Good stuff, Doug, great original tune.... happiness is a warm ladybug....

They are pretty amazing little things. People are not often fond of insects in general, bug ladybugs --- gotta love 'em.

Good stuff Doug and that ukulele sounds great !

Never seen a ladybug metropolis like that before !

Thanks. They come back to the same place every year for their winter solstice party. :)

Aloha Doug,
Loved your playing and the video....that's a cool original, keep um coming..

Always wondered about Ladybugs..such a unusual shape to fly..don't they sell them as pest repellants?? now that is quite a swarm of them..wow..

Thanks, Stan. Yes, they are useful because they eat aphids and other tiny insect pests. Before I bought the place, the previous owner would collect them and sell them to nurseries. I prefer to leave them to their own business.

Great sounding uke, Doug, and terrific song! Is the linseed oil finish something that requires maintenance?

Great sounding uke, Doug, and terrific song! Is the linseed oil finish something that requires maintenance?

Thanks. I need to do more research on the linseed oil finish. I may do another coat with an oil/varnish blend instead of straight linseed oil. For my next buld I want to try tung oil.

really love this one....thanks

Thanks, just a fun little tune, glad you liked it.

Top Bottom