Solitary Man (w/ UkeCam)

ukejon

Reaction score
So the other night at dinner, Katie and I were examining my odd and somewhat disturbing preference for old pop tunes, indeed for rather schmucky old pop tunes. I tried to save face by saying that the tunes from my youth tend to be what is coming to mind musically these days. She then asked the following: “Well then why don’t you play any Neil Diamond?” After nearly choking on my pasta du jour, I opined that he was not my favorite artist by any means and that his music wouldn’t work very well for instrumentals. After a little thought and Googling, however, it occurred to me that Solitary Man might be an exception. Hence the following recording using my new and improved UkeCam. Hope you like this one, Katie:

Gotta say, I was 18 in 1977 and lived near detroit. Saw a lot of concerts and went to a Diamond one on a whim. He is by far one of the best performers I have ever seen in my life. Great job on solitary man. Maybe I should learn brother loves traveling salvation show........hmmmm. :)

That was awesome, ukejon! :)

Wouldn't consider myself a huge Neil Diamond fan, but he did have a few tunes I really like and that's one of them.

Edit: Oh, and your ukecam is perfect. Great, clear closeups on both hands. No offense, but I appreciate that more than seeing someone's smiling mug.

loved it very well played and love your uke cam it awesome, i recently played sweet caroline with my pals at our local uke club and we used kazoo's for the solo it sounded ok, i also play song sang blue, funny when ik was younger i always dissmissed Mr diamond, but after playing these songs i have started to really appreciate him, oh we also play red red wine and im a believer, i think neil diamond actually works really well on the uke hence well written tunes as they say only well written songs can be played on the uke :) look forward to seeing more from your uke cam :)

Great job on a great song. Color me embarrassed - I've never been a Neil Diamond fan and I don't think I realized that was his song - I've always loved the song, even got most of the way through learning it on guitar, but I thought somebody else did it.

Oh...and second the love for the uke cam. Some time you ought to post a picture of how you rigged it!

Top Bottom