Kanile'a 8-String Tenor with Hard Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy B

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm selling this ukulele for a friend. This is a gorgeous Kanile'a 8-string tenor in excellent condition. It comes with a recently purchased Oahu arched-top hard case.

Photos can be seen here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/shutterbutt/sets/72157628383317495/

This uke is THE NICEST 8-string tenor I've ever handled, and I've owned half a dozen higher-end 8-stringers in my years of collecting. This uke just looks great, feels great, plays great and even smells great. It's absolutely stunning. The action is superb, and the sound is full and sweet. Even played lightly, the resonance and the clarity of the notes are impressive

This ukulele was built in 2006 and originally purchased at the Kanile'a workshop. It's been lovingly cared for, and at first glance, I couldn't find a mark on it. But close inspection found one issue: On the back panel, near the bottom center, I see a line that likely is a split along the grain. It's so faint that I first thought it was just a crack in the finish, but the line seems to follow the grain of the koa, so I'm guessing it's an actual split. It's about an inch and a half long. Near it are two tiny fleabite dings, which are not an issue but worth disclosing. I've tried to photograph all of these. Check the photos.

The price is $725 plus actual cost of insured shipping. Shipping will be by Priority Mail unless buyer prefers something else. I'm just north of San Francisco, if any potential buyers want to check this out in person.

Feel free to PM me or email me at eightpaws (at) sbcglobal (dot) net. Please note: Although I'm not a regular poster on the Underground, I'm one of the longer-posting members of Fleamarket Music, where I go by the name "Tom B." If you have any worries, contact me and I can give you my phone number, references from other UU members, whatever you need. Thanks for looking.

Arrrrrrggggghhhhh! Wish it was a 6 string! Great deal!

That price is a STEAL!!!!!!
Beautiful uke

I'm going to be selling a Lanakai 6-string soon - PM me if you are interested.

That is a beauty!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom