Top of the world (the Carpenters) - Ukulele

OLARN

Reaction score
After I did 'Jingle Bells', it reminded me to a melody of this song. 'Top of the world', one of the best song from the Carpenters. In this song I did it in the key of G with low G ukulele as usual, but it also works with high g tuning. Enjoy!
The tablature can be downloaded here. http://www.4shared.com/document/pvR6zkmx/Top_of_the_world.html

Top of the world

Intro: G Gsus4| G Gsus4|

[G]Such a [D]fellin's coming[C] over [G]me, There is wonder is most [D]every[C]thing I [G]see

Not a [C]cloud in the [D]sky, Got the [G]sun in my [Em]eyes

And I [Am]won't be surprised if it's a [D]dream.

[G]Every[D]thing I [C]want the world to [G]be, Is now [G]coming true es[D]pecially for [G]me

And the [C]reason is [D]clear, it's be[G]cause you are [Em]near

You're the [Am]nearest thing to heaven that I've [D]seen

I'm on the [G]top of the world looking [C]down on creation,

And the [G]only expla[D]nation I can [G]find

Is the [C]love that I've [D]found, ever [G]since you've been a[C]round,

Your love's [G]put me at the [D]top of the [G]world.

Last edited:
WOW, what a flashback! As a kid, my sis and I would sing this till we were giggling like a couple of idiots. lol Thanks Olarn, it sounded beautiful.
I'm glad to hear that. Thanks for the comments. I'll do some more on the Carpenters in the future later then. :)

Yet another great arrangment, I always love watching your videos, as Forest Gump said "you never know what your gonna get" well done buddy.

I'm glad to hear that. Thanks for the comments. I'll do some more on the Carpenters in the future later then. :)

I hope so.

Love me some Carpenters!

JJ

Great, now I'm humming that one...

Very nice playing. Really enjoy your stuff. Thank you.

Yet another great arrangment, I always love watching your videos, as Forest Gump said "you never know what your gonna get" well done buddy.

Thanks for your comment. :)

Great arrangement and played just beautifully.

Really impressed by your playing with every song you put out

A pleasure to listen to and you seem to always choose songs I really enjoy ! :eek:

so so sweet Olarn, what a wonderful, smooth arrangement and awesome playing. Your fabulous mate, I love all your videos. Blessings to you and your family this Christmas. Really looking forward to what you come up with in 2012!!!

Top Bottom