New Uke Day - KoAloha Supersoprano initial impressions

elisdad

Reaction score
After a long search for a super soprano, I finally settled on KoAloha. Last Thursday I received it and wanted to do a quick video of my initial impressions after playing a few days. I also took a few photos, but the lighting in the room and my phone camera had some strange effects. One of the things I found very interesting was the bracing. You can see a picture of the bracing on one of the attachments.

Here is the link to a short video.

http://youtu.be/IvxugS8-D_I

IMG_1408.jpgIMG_1419.jpgIMG_1427.jpg

Congratulations on the new KoAloha super soprano..have fun and enjoy..happy strummings....thank you for the video...early xmas present eh...

yeah, it's always an awesome day when a Koaloha arrives. My first was a soprano, which I stupidly sold and continued my uke journey, learning what I like and what I don't, and then finally this summer I got a pikake concert, and even though I expected to be blown away, I was totally... blown away.

Happy NUD!

Congratulations!

I feel your excitement, for you see, I just received the first tenor neck soprano made for production, the T2, and am very very impressed by the sound and playability of it! My new uke shot to the number one spot right up there in quality with my much loved Classical Guitar.

My T2 was made in 2010, and just became its new owner!

Enjoy your new instrument!

Thanks everyone. I am really amazed at the volume the soprano body makes. It almost has a "bark" to it, if that makes sense.

Ronnie Aloha, I didn't know about the unibrace so looking inside the uke was a total surprise to me.

Trinimon, sorry you can't hear the sound well in the video. I have been looking at iPhone microphone options.

As Tina Turner would say, Koaloha is "simply the best"!:D
I sold my Kamaka tenor HF-3 today, after buying a Tenor Koaloha. My koalohas soprano, concert and superconcert is also superb.

That uke sounds great. I really liked the comparisons. Congrats on the new toy. Have fun strumming!

Congratulations on the new KoAloha. It's a beauty and it sounds great.

The famous unibrace.

Here's an image of the famous unibrace from GKK's thread about taking the KoAloha factory tour.

IMG_0746.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks rem50! The mic in my phone doesn't do the sound comparison justice.

Mds725 - Thanks for posting the link to the other thread, it is a good read.

Top Bottom