New Vintage-S started!

Gmoney

Reaction score
Many of us read about Brad Donaldson's riff on vintage Kumalae shaped soprano in Tim's review here:

http://ukeeku.com/2011/07/26/brad-donaldson-vintage-s-full-review/

And a few of us (I don't know how long the list got!) jumped on the opportunity to sign up for one of these. Got email a few weeks ago that Brad was starring mine & Sunday he sent me a few pics. Its well on its way & looks like its going to be a beaut!

GF1 001.jpgGF1 003.jpg

One change that Brad asked me about before changing from the original review is a change to Honduran mahogany for the neck and fretboard out of Indian rosewood due primarily to the fact that Koa isn't as suited for those two elements of the uke. I've gladly approved the change as I think that it reflects the fact that though this is a riff on a Vintage uke, there's a good reason to take advantage of better materials structurally when it won't detract from the uke itself.

As others have said, it is a pleasure to work w/Brad & I look forward to playing the newest member of my little uke Ohana when she's ready.

Exciting! Thanks for the update. I am one of those on Brad's production schedule, but it will be a number of months before he gets to me. It's got to be fun getting pictures of what will be your custom instrument, and imagining what it will sound like. And I agree that Brad is a pleasure to work with.

Top Bottom