For Sale: Kanilea K1-T Soundmonster w/ UV gloss finish<SOLD>

Status
Not open for further replies.

nucum25

Reaction score
As a graduate student, it is quite a challenge to juggle between work and school, and generate enough of a salary for holiday expenses, therefore I've decided to sell my Kanilea K1-T tenor ukulele.

It was purchased from Elderly Instruments in Michigan in August and is in excellent condition. The action is very comfortable at 3/32'' at the 12th fret. It is strung with Worth clears and has the classic sound you'd expect from a Kanilea, loud and bright. It has only been played a
total of two-three hours since its purchase, but only because I also have a Koaloha tenor which I play quite frequently.

There are no cosmetic flaws as far as I can tell, and there are two professionally installed guitar straps at the base of the neck and at the bottom of the uke.

Asking price: $799.00 + $26.00 shipping via UPS within the USA. I will include a Uke crazy hardshell case.

I accept Paypal or check.

PM me if interested! Happy Holidays!

Here are some accompanying pictures:
IMG_0669.jpgIMG_0671.jpgIMG_0672.jpgIMG_0702.jpg

As a recent addition to the Kanile'a Owners Club I can honestly vouch for this uke.

My model is the satin finish (I just prefer that to the high-gloss finish), and not only does this thing boom with volume, but as it starts to open up, the sound is just more and more incredible.

On top of that, the level of quality and dedication that the Souzas and their staff put into these things is almost unmatched. Even though the K1 is their low-end production model (words I use with extreme distaste), it feels as if it is a custom job hand-built by a dedicated luthier just for you.

Anyone looking for a top-shelf uke should really consider this. There won't be a second of regret.

Last edited:
Not sure which I like better from the video, the uke or the t-shirt!

I loved my Kanile'as! Their UV finish is spectacular (technically, it's not a sound monster unless it has "SM" at the end of the model on the label inside - they are all satins, I believe). My own personal preference is for the gloss models anyway and you're asking a VERY fair price! My best to the lucky dog who snaps it up from you!

nucum25 is a great guy to deal with. I personally own one of these K1-Ts with the gloss finish, and it's one of my favorite ukes...one of the few I'm keeping despite my collection reduction.

Many thanks for the kind comments and my apologies for misusing the term Soundmonster on the title description, I actually though all Kanileas were soundmonsters because they were so loud, haha.

Hopefully someone with direct knowledge can either confirm or correct, but my impression is that "Soundmonster" was the designation for the first generation Kanile'a ukulele with the TRU bracing system. It does sound like the non-UV gloss (aka satin) finish was considered one of the components of the monster sound, so technically only current gen. satin finish Kanile'a are full descendants of the original Soundmonsters. The glossy versions with the same bracing system are like half-sisters? I haven't come across the "Soundmonster" designation on Kanile'a's website, so perhaps this concept is carried on in their "Super" line (Super Soprano, Super Concert, Super Tenor).

This ukulele has been SOLD. Mods kindly please close this thread. Happy Holidays!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom