mitchell MU100

First off, I am a complete noob when it comes to the uke. That being said, I bought a Mitchell MU100 from my local Guitar Center about 5 weeks ago. The sound is decent and it looks nice, but I have a real issue with the way it feels. It just felt like a toy to me. But in it's defense it may have just been the strings.

I read somewhere that people who play guitar tend to like the tenor ukes a bit more, so I went to a different shop, tried one out and really dug it. I don't play the Mitchell much now that I have the new tenor, but I've gotten the roommate hooked on it now!

Long story short...The Mitchell MU100 is a decent starter uke, and if you don't play much guitar, the feel may not be a problem for you.

Good luck!

I've played it, don't like it much. But before my tenor i started doing most of the iamhawaii ukulele lessons with the Mitchell MU-70 model which is the laminted sprucetop with zebra wood on the back and rosewood fretboard. In my opinion it sounded better than the MU-100, cuz the sound resonated much better with it. If you can do a sound differentiation with both see if u can always pick out the difference. Plus, the MU-70 is only $99.99 use the other 50 that would be for the koa and instead get urself a concert ukulele gig-bag and a slushee :D

Last edited:
like I said in your identical previous post, I have a Mitchell MU-70 which I thought sounded a lot better than the 100. Plus it was cheaper. I'd save that $50 for a concert ukulele gig-bag, a tuner, and a slushee :D

like I said in your identical previous post, I have a Mitchell MU-70 which I thought sounded a lot better than the 100. Plus it was cheaper. I'd save that $50 for a concert ukulele gig-bag, a tuner, and a slushee :D

It is not solid Koa. Get the MU-70 and save the rest of the money for a slushee:eek:

I have the mu-70. Much better than the mu100. I played both at GC and the MU-70 felt more professional. And the tone was much brighter. Stock strings must be replaced asap though.

I'm no expert on Uke though.. so don't take me too seriously.

Top Bottom