Birds and Ships- Lyrics by Woodie Guthrie

TCK

Reaction score
Took a shot at another Woody (with apologies for spelling his name wrong in the thread title- DOH!) tune tonight, this one being one he never got to sing. It is from Mermaid Avenue by Wilco and Billy Bragg, and was sung by Natalie Merchant. In any event, I wrapped my arms around it and tried my best not to screw it up- I was trod-ding around pretty heavy company, Mr. Guthrie and Mr. Bragg being two of my musical heroes.
Anyway- it ain't so bad.

Last edited:
Nice one, Dave - good vocals and the finger picking intro sounded pretty rockin as well.... one of the best songs from that 'Mermaid Avenue' disc.... I have a feeling most of those tunes are going to get done for the Woody2012 channel - they're so accessible and everybody knows em..... working on a couple more myself......

Glad you liked it folks- one of my favorites from the album...
Now to work on some real oldies

Warm, heartfelt, sweet as mate. Getting better you s'pose?...no kidding brother...awesome job. :)

Warm, heartfelt, sweet as mate. Getting better you s'pose?...no kidding brother...awesome job. :)
Why thank you mate- and everyone else. Why do I look relaxed when I do a video in one take (or two as it were...), Because the coolest people I know are my audience.

Top Bottom