Played My First Show Last Night

mendel

Reaction score
Last night, two students and I played the Winter Concert at the school where I teach. We followed the Jazz Band, a tough act to follow, and we played Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer followed by I'm Yours. It was pretty fun. We all had a great time. The audience seemed to like it, and it was a great overall experience. It felt really good to be a part of the concert and to be a part of all that holiday cheer. I just wanted to share with you guys. Happy Holidays!

Happy Holidays to you, That's so great you did that. I know the kids at my sons HS LOVE when the teachers perform.
Any videos?

Congrats mendel! It is a big hump to get over, that first time in public.

Congrats Mendel, and keep up that good work with the peas! <g>. Happy Holidays, g2

Way to go.I bet it was great for the students too!

Not sure about the video. I think that the band department posts a vid of the entire concert. If I get the YouTube link sent to me I will, of course, forward it. The experience was awesome. They did not have the room mic'd up properly for us, and some people say it was a bit hard to hear, as we were all playing acoustics. Regardless, it was an awesome feeling to be on stage and play for people.

Thanks for sharing. Our uke club is making it's first public appearance at a local chronic rehabilitation center Friday evening.

Nice job! How about a mashup..."I'm Your Red-Nosed Reindeer"?

Congratulations!! My students (high school) keep asking me to play/sing for them. Too scared. The last time I performed in front of anyone was when I was 12 and I forgot the words mid-song. Most terrifying moment of my life that I haven't fully recovered from over 35 years later.

Congratulations! It's great to be able to show others a side of you (performer/musician) that they might not ordinarily see.

Last night I played with two singer/guitarists and three additional singers at the office holiday party. We performed a medley of holiday songs with the words rewritten to fit the office. On Sunday, my Hawaiian music ukulele class performed at its annual holiday party, and my ukulele club, San Francisco Ukulele Rebellion!, is looking for opportunities to play holiday music at local hospitals, rehabilitation centers and senior living centers (please give me a shout-out if you know any in the San Francisco area looking for some holiday ukulele music). All fun, even if it is a bit nerve-wracking.

Anyway, I'm glad you had the chance to share your music with others. I hope you have many more.

Congratulations! Wow, that must have felt great!
gyosh, don't worry, I bet you're the only one that remembers that you forgot the words. Maybe it's time to shake it off, and move ahead... I can tell you how I do it, if you PM me...
Frankly, though, I have my 1st performance at my church this Sunday, and I'm NOT ready, am scared sh--less. But I promised so I'm gonna do it, and let the chips fall where they may. It takes guts to risk making mistakes in front of your friends!

How great for you! I still haven't moved past a few good friends who will love me no matter what. You're my hero! Glad you had fun :)

I think that having been a college wrestler and having worn spandex in gyms with over 10,000 spectators has gven me the ability to not get nervous anymore. Nerves have been beaten out of me!

Top Bottom