Ukes for Unicef

S'ukey

Reaction score
BURP! is a ukulele band based in Hertfordshire (UK) and we're hosting a ukulele festival in aid of UNICEF. It's all happening on the 3rd of March 2012 at Berkhamsted Civic Centre, 11.30 to 5.30.
The day will have a fantastic programme of superb headline acts, open-mic sessions, uke workshops, jam sessions - planned and unplanned! We'll have some great names from the uke community performing and joining in. And it's all in the aid of raising bucket loads of money for a very good cause. The festival is open to all comers - so expect a heady mix of uke enthusiasts, dabblers and the just plain inquisitive. Entry will be by donation so if you can make it along, please bring as much cash as you can carry.

Visit our web site for regular updates and see who and what's on the bill as it evolves at http://www.ukesforunicef.comWe'll have loads of open-mic spots planned for all levels, so Ukes for UNICEF could be the ideal place to unleash your talents! Spots can be booked on the day. As it's a uke festival, there will be loads of jam sessions so just come along and join in if that floats your boat. But most importantly, if you love good music and fun, come along and celebrate the uke and support a darn fine cause all at the same time!

If you are a seasoned performer with a love of ukes and can donate your time to a great day for a great charity, then email Stewart at: artists@ukesforunicef.com
And lastly, spread the word, bring a friend and post a line in here if you're coming along!!!

Ukes for Unicef, I like the idea! Great stuff.

I've just gone and written it on next year's calendar, I look forward to seeing you all there!!!

:rock:

Just had a look at Google maps and I'm about 80 miles away,which isn't that far so I hope I can make it too. Great idea for a good cause.

Hi folks - Stew here, and it's been a while since I visited. The Forum is as active and diverse as ever. I'm one of the busy band of organisers setting up
UKES for UNICEF and we are determined to make it a great day. Please spread the word !

We have a great line up for the Fest and more details of the days event will be put on the website as they get finalised. It is absolutely wonderful to get top uke players and evangelists Like Krabbers, Ken Middleton, Keef Jackman pitching in - Just superb! And I have just noticed ...we have a theme with K's going on here!

Cheers !

Stew

PS - Just noticed my Newbie thread fro 2009 on the E chord has reached 31,000 + views. See - I told you the E chord was hell!

Last edited:
I hope to be there to :) especially as the leader of our uke society is there, Keef, i think our society maybe performing i think it has been mentioned a t club night, no matter i will defo come along as i am obsessed with ukes :), might even do a open mic slot, but will need plenty of gin lol :)

Only two months to go!

Ken Middleton, Krabbers, Keef, John Cauldrey, Hamish, BSUS and BURP! all on board and raring to go.

Will you be there?

Check out the website for latest news and contact details.

Last edited:
Count me in. I live near HERTS and would be fantastic opportunity to support UNICEF and meet other ukesters plus it is would be my first time to attend a uke festival.

Hi just to let you know the event should be getting a mention on the new uke blog that is up and running from the usa, hopefully a bit of publicity and i will be harassing shop owners soon to put up the posters :)

Top Bottom