That's A Plenty - Swing Uke - Gerald Ross

Gerald Ross

Reaction score
I've played this tune for years as a member of the Lost World String Band but always in the rhythm section. I'm not complaining - I was always proud of my rhythm work on the number.

Here it is as a uke solo.

I've been obscessed with Jimmy Rodgers lately. He was quite a character and created such original music, mixing blues, jazz, Swiss yodeling and Hawaiian slide guitar and uke. I'd love to hear you cover some of his stuff.

Gerald, I always look forward to your videos. Every time I see your name on a post, I think "this is going to be another good one".
I have a version of "Skip It", and have started "Stompin' at the Savoy", but I'm not even going to put this one on my "try" list !!
Thanks for your videos,

Bill

Nice

What kind of ukulele are you playing? I must have one! I saw the Lost World at Holstien's bar on Lincoln Ave. in Chicago in the early 1980's. I enjoyed finding you again on the internet!

Oooops, made a mistake. The uke I am playing in the video is a Master Grade Koa Tenor Resonator made by the Mya-Moe Ukulele Company.

Thanks for the clear up on the make, When I looked at the headstock I thought,that must be copyright infringment as it was just like a Mya-Moe Ukulele.

Top Bottom