FT: DarkStarGuitars Electric Ukulele

provines

Reaction score
IMG_7339.jpgIMG_7337.jpgIMG_7342.jpgIMG_7338.jpgIMG_7336.jpg

I couldn't help myself so I purchased this totally unique electric uke. It is one-of-a-kind. You can see the link from the builder here:

http://www.darkstarguitars.com/index.php?id=161

The photos on his site do not do it justice. I took my own photos which reflect the actual color of the wood. Oh la la.

I'm just not warming up to the electric style. If you have an IRig and run it through Amplitube, it is amazing. It is tuned as a baritione uke. The builder isn't sure of the right gague and tension to make it a tenor. I'm sure it is possible but I don't know the specs to make that happen.

I'm not interested in selling it outright. I would rather trade it for a nice acoustic tenor. My first choice is one of Tom Guy's builds. I love his work.

However, I'm open to other high end tenors.

PM me here or e-mail me at dprovines@provines.net. I don't have a great case for it. I currently have it in a gig bag that is a bit big for it. I think I'll make one over the Christmas break. We'll see if that happens or not.

Last edited:
That's a nice piece you've got there Dave. I would like to add it to my collection but I don't have anything to offer up that would be a fair trade for you and don't have funds at the present.

You're the king. You let me buy the crown jewel of Tom's work. The Flying Owl and I'm forever in your debt.

I do miss my Coveys. If you still have any of those around.... And of course the one you left in your will for me, the tree of life.

Last edited:
Top Bottom