which Ululele?

bradders

Reaction score
I play the guitar but never played the ukulele. I want a baritone, as that should be easier for a guitar player. I really like the Kala baritones but can`t decide whether to buy a mahogany KA-SMHB, or a flamed maple KA-FMB model. Is there any difference in the sound of these two ukulele`s?

Well there Both Very good Uke's , the sound difference IMO will be the KA-SMHB will sound more ululele and the KA-FMB will have more of a guitar sound Of course how there strung will also me a Major factor . usually baritone ukes are string and tunes like the last 4 strings of a guitar , kinda like tenor guitar . but you can also get strings for GCEA , and the GCEA come in both high and low G , , so the choice is up to you, do you and what you want to play on it . eather get one and enjoy your new addiction :D

Both choices are a nice uke. The Flame Maple should be a bit brighter than the Mahogany.
I have the SMHB, great uke for the money, I love the mellow warm tone.

Been kind of shopping for a baritone....I think that Kala solid mahogany is easily the best of that bunch. Seems like most Kalas sound better as the size increases. I guess you could say that about many brands. I also love that tortoise binding. At or near top of my list.....if I don't get the Pono at HMS (but it costs nearly twice as much) Also, I think a tenor would be more than adequate to transition to from a guitar. My son is 6' 51/2" with long fingers and he likes both baritone and tenor. His new Sailor brand custom is a tenor size 6 string and he loves it.

Top Bottom