Koala changes tuners on tenors and super concerts...first look

MGM

Reaction score
Koaloha changes tuners on tenors and super concerts...first look

Koaloha now has logo sealed gear tuners on the tenor and super concert models....here's a peek
photobucket-3298-1323923100897.jpg

photobucket-4083-1323923162288.jpg

Last edited:
Whoops- now there they are! Those are pretty nice looking for sure

Last edited:
I like them! A little "techy" looking though. I'll bet they look nice with ebony fretboard, etc. (I'd also like ebony binding with these.

I am not sure I like the Black. They seem to stick out (visually not physically) more than other tuners I have seen. I am sure the Koaloha crew has found some great tuners. Maybe it will grow on me, but I already have a Koaloha and it is not a Tenor scale.

Other than the color, they look a lot like the Grover sealed tuners on my Sceptre. Could they just be custom labeled Grover tuners?

-Kurt​

I am not sure I like the Black. They seem to stick out (visually not physically) more than other tuners I have seen. I am sure the Koaloha crew has found some great tuners. Maybe it will grow on me....

I agree...not to keen on the black color. Makes them really stand out and, in my opinion, takes away from the beauty of the wood and design. Perhaps a color that will compliment the Koa wood would be a better choice.
Just my .02!!!

Other than the color, they look a lot like the Grover sealed tuners on my Sceptre. Could they just be custom labeled Grover tuners?

-Kurt​

I thought the same thing: they look exactly the same to me...

Hmmm, feeling kind of the same re: the black. Seems visually heavy, but hard to say for sure without seeing them in the context of the whole uke.

They look the same as my Soprano T2 but these look a bit more "ebony" than metallic.

I prefer the existing color; just a shade of gray in the chrome.
koaloha.jpg

I find the black too distracting/overpowering on the headstock. I much prefer the original black nickel look.
Same here....keep the original tuners. The black tuners take away from the overall uke, very overpowering.

I definitely prefer the old ones, but not enough to dissuade me from getting a KoAloha. Now the bowtie bridge change was enough to do so. I will never get a KoAloha tenor until I can get an old crown bridge one. But the tuners aren't such a big deal to me.

I don't much care for the look, but with my arthritic hands I do prefer geared tuners.

Top Bottom