Please keep me in thoughts and prayers...

Tudorp

Big guy with a lil' uke..
UU VIP
Reaction score
Friends.. I ask if you could please keep me in your thoughts and prayers. As some of you know, I have some health issues causing my disability. My health has been doing actually very well with my weight loss over the past year. The weight loss has helped tremedously with many of my underlying issues. However, the part it doesn't cure, (but does help with), is my arthritis, and nerve damage in my back, neck and leg. There has been some issues showing up with my right arm. Come to find out, it isn't a problem with my arm, but stems from my back and neck issues. It has been causing huge pain in my right arm and shoulder, and tingling and some paralisis in my arm and hand. Lately, I have not been able to play guitar, or the uke, and have had limited use of my right hand. My doctor is concerned, and I have some tests and MRIs I need to go through to find out if there is anything they can do about it, if it is permanant, if it could get worse as time goes, or better. My Doctor tells me to keep using it to the best of my ability, because using it can only do good things for a problem like this. I have always been an optimist, but I can't lie and say that it doesn't worry me. Simply because of music, and myself always doing things with my hands. It would drive me nuts not to be able to work with my hands, so yeah, I'm a little scared.. For the time being, my fingers wont do what I want them to do playing, but dammit, Im gonna keep playing as best as I can.. ;)

Courage, brah. I'm sure you're going to be overwhelmed by people here giving you their best. Count me as one.

thoughts are with you dude hope it does ilike you say get better :)
daz

Thanks for sharing,

Will keep you in my prayers.

Here's something that's helped me whenever I remember it:

God knows, He loves, He cares.
Nothing this truth can dim.
He gives his very best to those
who leave the choice with Him.

Aloha Tudorp,

keep uke'in',

Amen brudda.. I always good with God's will. Which ever way things go, I'll use it for God's glory regardless, and know there is a reason, and he will use it too.. ;)

Thanks all.. I'm ok.. Just the human selfish part is concerned.. ;)

Thanks for sharing,

Will keep you in my prayers.

Here's something that's helped me whenever I remember it:

God knows, He loves, He cares.
Nothing this truth can dim.
He gives his very best to those
who leave the choice with Him.

Aloha Tudorp,

keep uke'in',

Thanks all.. I'm ok.. Just the human selfish part is concerned.. ;)

Nothing selfish in that! You always go out of your way to help fallen friends and friends in need... time to start thinking about yourself now. Rest up and do as the good Doc says.

You are in my thoughts and prayers, hopefully all gets better.
A few years ago I was severely injured in an attack. While recovering with unknown results, a friend gave me four words of encouragement.
"This to will pass". I wish the same for you.

I'm so sorry to hear about your troubles. I will certainly keep you in my prayers.

It's amazing what the human spirit can acomplish, keep on playinge because the music in your heart will never cease.

Blessings,
Ivan

Thinking good thoughts for you starting now. ::hugs::

Mousie

Hang in there Tony. Hopefully better days are ahead.

I had some nerve damage due to an injury about 7 seven years ago. Lost the feeling in the last three fingers on my right hand. I saw all sorts of doctors and no-one could figure it out. I tried everything, massage, PT, medications, but what finally worked was accupuncture. I am very skeptical when it comes to alternate forms of anything, but I have to say that it worked for me.

Thanks again ya'll.. I have strong faith that anything will play out as it should be. My disability started from an old football injury when I used to play for the Air Force. Then I had an accident that crushed my back, neck and leg. I was told then I may never walk again. When I walked, they told me I would be totally wheelchair bound within 5 years. That was over 10 years ago, and even tho I walk with a cane, I have not even sat in my wheel chair in over a year, and walk a good mile on my own without aid. So, even as much as I trust my current doctor, I generally take their progonisis with a grain of salt and smile, because I know the powers that are in control. ;)

Ho, Big Bruddah!

You are in my thoughts and prayers, Brah! Stay positive and keep on keepin' on. I always believe in having a positive mental attitude and my favorite saying is, "ALWAYS CAN!!!" Too bad I didn't live closer to you so I could personally help you because I have a medical background and I've worked as a Personal Fitness Trainer for 11+ years, too. I've helped many, many clients overcome major health issues such as various types of stage 4 cancers, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, major injuries, etc. I call my approach of therapy and training - "Kimo-Therapy" which shouldn't be confused with "Chemotherapy." Hahaha! My therapy is for getting fit and healthy by making positive lifestyle changes for overall health and well being. I consider myself to be an "Encourager" and a "Motivator." I feel so Blessed to have the ability to help change people's lives for the better and for being a major influence in helping to make that change.

Bruddah, stay positive, stay strong, continue to stay active, and I encourage you to look into Alternative and Holistic Medicine as additional options. Western Medicine focuses too much on prescription medication and invasive procedures and surgeries. A combination of both Alternative & Western Medicine works effectively when much research is done beforehand. If you ever have any questions about anything, feel free to hit me up for any advice - or at least, another option to think about.

Take care of yourself Brah and God Bless!

Aloha,

Kimo

You just gotta prepare for the worst and hope for the best. My dad has been in your boat like three times. He lost feeling in his hands and legs and feet. He had all the classic symptoms of MS, and the doctors even told mom he had it. That's when friends started recommending another doctor. It turned out he had slipped and ruptured discs... the first two times, and then the third time, they did this thing where they fuse vertebrae together? I'm unclear on that because I was already in Finland, but at any rate, his problems were fixable.

Don't be a dummy like he was though. He put off going to the doctor in all cases, because it must be the worst possible thing. It sounds like you're not in denial like him though, which is a plus. :)

Whatever it is, it can probably be solved, or at least managed. We'll send positive thoughts your way, and let us know how it goes.

Tony, my thoughts are with you solidly.

Many years ago, I woke up with no feeling in my left arm. I couldn't even pick up a Dixie cup, if it had water in it.

One of my friends of a similar age (36 at the time) had just had a major stroke, and I was terrified, and in full denial, telling myself it was just a little pinched nerve, and would get better.

Well, it wasn't a little pinched nerve, and it didn't get better.

It turned out I had herniated disks between C4-5 and C5-6, probably due to a ceiling collapse at a fire a few years earlier. But the city's doctor said that there was no way to say it was work related, so I was on my own.

The neurosurgeon showed us the MRI and where the nerve was collapsed, and said that there was no way to tell how permanent the damage was until the vertebrae were lifted off of the nerve. I had to undergo a fusion technique called a laminectomy, where a couple of bone wedges would be chiseled out of my hip, and pushed in between the two pairs of vertebrae. I was told that, IF there was minimal damage to the nerve, and IF there were no complications, I had a 90% chance of recovery, and I'd be able to move my head 90 degrees from side to side.

In the three months between waking up with no feeling and the surgery, the left arm had atrophied to the point where the muscle was the same size at any point between wrist and elbow. I had been married 15 months, and had no idea if I could ever work again.

When I woke up in the recovery room, I had a massive headache. I reached up and put my hand on my head, and realized that I was using my left hand - and I could feel!

I've had about a 95% recovery since then - occasional pins and needles sensation in the pinky, can't move my hand quite as fast as I could before the probelm, but I have a full 180 degree side to side motion of my head.

Now, that's enough of my sob story. I'm better, and have my life back. All through sheer force of will, and good thoughts from people around me.

You have all that and more - you have the love of your family, force of will, and you have your Faith. Add the thoughts and hopes and prayers of everyone who has had their life touched by you, and I have absolutely no doubt that you WILL get better.

Keep us informed, Tony. You're going to win this one, we just need the progress reports.

-Kurt​

Last edited:
Hang in there buddy. You have great faith and that will help you light the room when it is darkest...

Thinking of you during your health ordeal, Tony. I'm comforted to see how much your faith comforts you. I hope and pray that things work out for you, and that you make a full recovery. Godspeed.

Top Bottom