Kids attracted to the ukulele

dhkane

Reaction score
Have you notice, kids are attacted to the sound of the ukulele? A couple of kids with mom and dad were walking pass me, while I was playing. I stopped them dead in there tracks, while the parents kept walking. The parents came back , of course. Has this been hapenning to you?

Now I know why children in Hawaii learn at a very young age.

Just a few hours ago....

I went shopping with the other half today and while I was done her and her mom were not. So out to the car I went to wait and strum on my Uke and all the people walking by were smiling and some little kids stopped to ask "Am I playin a little guitar?" and dance a few steps, all and all everyone in my section of the parking lot had a better day!!!!!

Then when I got home out on the porch playin the next door kids bring over their friends to see the "guy playin the Ukulele". The 4 yo loves it makes me laugh to watch him dancin!!!!

SOUND and definitely the look. I remember when I was younger seeing an old man playing a uke at the farmer's market. I was so attracted to how small and cute it was. I never thought I'd pick up the instrument now that I'm older!!

Ukulele's i see now are awesome instruments for kids. It fits them perfectly and how awesome would it be to see a kid's face learn a "C" chord and most importantly MUSIC. I know from experience a month ago I was so happy the first time I ever played a C hahahha its about the best chord ever on uke!!!:D:D

I'm starting my volunteering at the children's hospital soon for nursing and I'm totally bringing my uke!!

i dont think its just kids
i was playing in the court yard of my highschool
before school and kids were like yay music but all the teachers heard and looked over and they all had the biggest smiles on their faces

lets face it ukulele's make the world a happier place
for everyone

The other day I was at a waffle house playing "villa nova junction" and this father and son group wander up and watch me, the son gapes up at his father looking for an explanation..
the father says, "son, that's what you call shredding".

i dont think its just kids
i was playing in the court yard of my highschool
before school and kids were like yay music but all the teachers heard and looked over and they all had the biggest smiles on their faces

lets face it ukulele's make the world a happier place
for everyone

I totally agree!! they make me happy and everyone around me!!! no matter how simple the song! i frkn lOVE THE UKE!!! haha

Perhaps not everyone loves the ukulele. I was at a Vietnamese grocery shopping center, waiting for my sister to finish with her shopping. Bored, I found a not-so-crowded area to practice my uke. All these Vietnamese people just walked on by. They would glance to see what I'm doing but their walking never missed a beat. Only two people acknowledged or talked to me about the instrument. Two Americans. One man actually stopped and asked what I was doing and then said it sounded nice. And at another incident, same shopping center, all the Vietnamese just walked on by, youngsters and adults. Perhaps Vietnamese people are shy? :rolleyes: Or my playing was simply not good. :uhoh: :rofl:

Little kids staring at me while I play isn't unusual anymore haha Kids love to stop and stare at the uke for awhile and ask if it's a little guitar. I've had kids confidently tell their friends it was a banjo. haha Little kids are funny, but I love that they enjoy the uke. :)

I recently went to my little brother's dessert social thing at his school, and I was playing my uke while waiting to get some cupcakes haha A bunch of little ones would stop, stare, smile when I looked up at them and then they scurry away to their parents haha My brother's teacher came up to me and asked if I was the one playing for some odd mins because she thought someone had put on instrumental music or something. That pretty much made my day. haha I also played during my old high school teachers' 20th wedding anniversary and pretty much everyone complimented or thanked me for playing. I'm glad people enjoy the sound of the uke. It can't help but make people feel happy. xP

ya i got a couple of cousins and a niece that are around 4 months. whenever they get fussy i just play for them and they get mesmerized.

Perhaps Vietnamese people are shy? :rolleyes: Or my playing was simply not good. :uhoh: :rofl:

it could also be a culture thing and they just dont express interest in things like that publicly like saying "OMG ukulele COOL!!!!"
the could have been thinking it though

Top Bottom