The big UU Christmas new uke thread!

ukulefty

Reaction score
So, who's getting a cool new uke for Christmas?

It's only a handful of days left until the big day of turkey and unwrapping. I'm sure many of you are going to recieve new ukuleles or uke relates pressies, so make us all jealous by posting your pictures and stories here!

I've got this concert-sized package waiting for me under the tree:

christmas_003.jpg

Waiting... Waiting... Waiting... :)

It isn't under my tree yet, and probably won't make it in time, but, my Christmas present is on its way!!! :D

order shipped.JPG

i'm getting a cigar box uke. it was made by rob collins at tinguitar.com

i havent seen it but my wife said its awesome!

I'm getting an Uluru Pukana La II (solid Koa concert) and I am SOOOO excited! However, as we're travelling to Canada on Monday and I can't bear the thought of not playing my existing uke for a week, and it's just not possible to cart two ukes over there, I'm taking my existing one as hand luggage and will have to wait until we get back on 31 Dec until I can actually open and play the new one....WAAAAAAAAAAAH! :(

But it'll be SO good when it finally arrives!

Ben

Well, I got my Christmas uke a couple of days ago. It never got wrapped. I figured hanging it on the wall would count as a "decoration". My other ukes are pineapples (Kamaka and Pineapple Sunday). This is a Ohana Concert cut away with a low G. It's got some sort of design on either side of the sound hole. What convinced me it was mine, is how it sounds. Really mellow. Years and years ago when I bought my Kwai piano, I bought it for that mellow tone it has -- this has the same. (Does that sound like a valid excuse for a new uke? Does to me.) It's also much easier on the recovering broken wrist/arm. Happy strumming.

Mine arrived and was checked out and buffed up by my husband, then stashed in a closet behind an electric fence. I can't see it till Christmas. As a result, it's going to be the first lively and exciting Christmas day since our son was a child.

I didn't plan on doing anything big for Christmas, but there's a Risa uke solid tenor that just arrived in Helsinki. The local post has been so slow lately, I'm not even sure if it'll make it in time, but there's my birthday 5 days after Christmas. Otherwise, prezzies have all arrived and are awaiting wrapping. One of those for me, will be one of those new Tascam IXZ ipad recorder interfaces. I know it'd be better to go through the dock port, but support for those devices is dodgy at best... and the headphone port ones are always supported.

I got my son a green Makala Dolphin to replace my old starter uke that he has been playing.
We've both been working on Ukulele Mike's Christmas Songbook, so we'll have a very musical Christmas this year!

I am so blessed. I got a Kanile'a K2 tenor, delivered three days ago. I am overwhelmed.

I am so blessed. I got a Kanile'a K2 tenor, delivered three days ago. I am overwhelmed.
Alright! Congrats, xjumper. Did I miss a New Uke Day post? Welcome to the Kanile'a Club.

I'm also not sure it'll make it in time for Christmas, but HMS has an Islander MT-4 in the queue for setup. But my Christmas present (K-1 Tenor) came a couple of weeks ago. We are indeed blessed. My finger calluses are coming in nicely.

I bought Dolphins for my pre-teen niece and nephews and will get in some basic setup practice once Aquilas arrive from Elderly. If Dolphins are representative of the Soprano scale, there's no way I'd be comfortable playing that size for long periods of time. But the kids should have a blast...not so sure about their parents. ;)

I got an early Christmas present last week: a Mainland cedar-top soprano! Mike's factory 2nd post in the Marketplace caught my attention, and it was my present to myself until my aunt offered to pitch in a little bit as a Christmas gift to me. It arrived on Monday and I opened it early for Christmas song purposes. The flaw's hard to find and doesn't seem affect the sound a bit. She has much more sustain than my laminate, so I named her for one of my favorite singers whose music led me on the path to taking up the uke. :)

i've got 2 new ukes for christmas, an eleuke from Mim is winging its way to Wales, probably won't get it until after christmas but it'll be worth the wait, and i've got a Luna pineapple tattoo under the tree, so that will be getting some stick on the big day

Aloha,
I treated myself to an early X-mas present(with the help of my Fiance Dodie) early last month; an 11 month old Solid Koa, Double Puka, Slotted Headstock, Mele Tenor with a Fishman Matrix Pickup. So no more for X-mas? Well I'm on Maui for the holidays so we shall see what happens...............Uku Itch, get off me,hehe.....................BO...............

This isn't technically for Christmas, but my aNueNue U900 pineapple soprano bear ukulele will be here next Tuesday! And B. is getting a Makala tenor on the same day or next day! Both from Uke Republic! How exclamatory can I get?! Can you tell I'm excited? Wheeee!

CountryMouse

My wife and son have placed a suspiciously sized package under the tree. I am very curious. :)

My grandniece will be getting a pink Hilo. She's not yet two so will probably chew on it more than play it but I wanted to get the Uke influence to her before her grandpa shows her a nasty guitar

Top Bottom