Where to buy comp saddles in US?

vanflynn

-----
UU VIP
Reaction score
I have two ukuleles I would like to try compensated saddles on but cannot find a seller in the US. I would appreciate any help.

Thanks and Happy Holidays to you and yours.

Jim

Hmmm, not sure if I understand. String compensation is an adjustment you make on the saddle (normally) on an individual uke. Are you talking about a bridge that allows for compensation for high or low G? Forgive me if I'm not understanding. I've been spraying lacquer all day and left a few brain cells in the booth.

You might find a compensated bridge saddle from somewhere but that is no guarantee that it will fit. Assuming the bridge is glued down in the right location, each saddle has to be fitted to that uke. The height, width, thickness and compensation all need to be right. It might be best if you start out with a piece of bone or ebony or whatever you want to use that is the right thickness to the saddle slot and go from there.

Saddles are generally custom fit and intonated for a particular instrument with a known string set with known action adjusted. They're not simply interchangeable.

You need a good luthier.

Top Bottom