Just finished - something old and something new.

garywj

Reaction score
Obviously, the lyrics are quite old - about 3500 years - written by King David and found in the Old Testament in Psalms 1. The arrangement and music are mine. I found this to be an enjoyable challenge. On the computer you see Band-in-a-Box running. I am monitoring that in my left ear. The video editing and mix is done in iMovie. By watching this video I can see how imperfect (erratic) my timing is (still). The Psalms were the hymns of the Jewish people, so it's interesting to wonder what the author's thoughts would be on my interpretation. If nothing else, I think he'd be impressed with BIAB.

Well done Gary, I reckon you need a medal for being able to play with that backing track, it seems to be more of a hindrance than a help. Merry Christmas.

Thanks for the medal offer, but I'm not there yet. It is still a struggle to play with the track, however, it has helped my timing. I've done 5 or 6 videos using BIAB and still it doesn't feel natural. It works better for me if I blast the audio because the beat becomes so obvious that I can't miss it. Still having fun. Thanks for the encouragement and have a great Christmas.

Top Bottom