FS: KoAloha Tenor

Status
Not open for further replies.

strumsilly

Reaction score
For Sale , too many ukes , too little time.
Koaloha tenor born in Dec. 2003.
crown tie through bridge.
One piece solid koa top, back, and side.
No dings or scratches , one tiny nick in one of the points on the headstock where my thumbnail hits when stringing..
has had a 3 inch top crack repaired by Koaloha and top was completely sanded and refinished by them. top is slightly wavy if held at certain angle.
AXL piezo [PG-801]under soundboard transducer pickup and heel strap button installed.
includes pictured case.
SOLD

KOALOHA002.jpg

KOALOHA003.jpg

KOALOHA013.jpg

KOALOHA014.jpg

http://s1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb376/avm1/KOALOHA/

sound sample
http://youtu.be/NUy82iHTZvk

Last edited:
Very nice. Too bad the pocketbook can't swing it right now.... Love the look!

Don't worry, there are plenty of good used and new ukuleles around. you can actually get a pretty nice sounding tenor for $99.

A good sound for $99? I've tried bunches and nothing sounds right I've heard. I can't deal with our local stores, nothing not laminate. I may be a beginner (well, I played for years as a youth) but I sure don't like the cigar-box sound most of these Chinese instruments possess.

I don't want to sound argumentative but I have played some inexpensive instruments that sound good for the price. Will a $100 uke sound like a KoAloha or other K brand. I hope not! But for a first time buyer, I believe you can get an acceptable ukulele that doesn't break the bank. A friend's daughter bought a $40 uke in New York that was playable. And you can get some great deals buying used instruments. Just my .02.

I don't want to sound argumentative but I have played some inexpensive instruments that sound good for the price. Will a $100 uke sound like a KoAloha or other K brand. I hope not! But for a first time buyer, I believe you can get an acceptable ukulele that doesn't break the bank. A friend's daughter bought a $40 uke in New York that was playable. And you can get some great deals buying used instruments. Just my .02.

No doubt one can find a $100 uke that sounds okay. But if you honestly think a $100 uke can match a Hawai'ian made solid koa model, you are completely mistaken. Completely.

That said, if I hadn't bought my Kanile'a a couple months back, this thread would have been closed because of sale about five minutes after it started.

Someone, please, get this.

No doubt one can find a $100 uke that sounds okay. But if you honestly think a $100 uke can match a Hawai'ian made solid koa model, you are completely mistaken. Completely.

That said, if I hadn't bought my Kanile'a a couple months back, this thread would have been closed because of sale about five minutes after it started.

Someone, please, get this.

I was trying to help out someone that was interested in my Koaloha but didn;t have the $. The $99 uke in question is the used Lanikai ST on FM. I have one and it is a decent sounding uke That's all I ever said. . I never said it was the equal of the Koaloha, either in looks or sound. but at a fraction of the price, and if you don't have the $ for a Koaloha, a good buy.

How does that bridge work? How do you restring this?

Great price, tempting.

You just push the string in from the top, fish it out from the soundhole without pulling it all the way out, and tie a knot. I actually like it, gives the top a nice clean look and no string ends to scratch your arm. probably is less stress on the bridge too. I don't know why more ukes don't have it. I think it's preferable to bridge pins, but all the methods seem to work.

Last edited:
Somebody buy this thing, already. Every hour it sits here the danger to my Visa cards grows greater...and greater...I spent all my bonus on other people so I really deserve this...but...no...must resist...agghhhh....resistance futile...ahhh, crud!

Some quick questions: First, when you say the top is wavy when held just the right way do you mean a subtle curl in the grain, or actually an uneveness in the top? Second, can I see a closeup picture of the headstock (showing the small nick you mention)? Third, I assume you can take PayPal? Fourth, who installed the pickup and, I guess, can I see a closeup of the heel jack?

If I'm happy with those answers, I guess I'll be offering up a burnt offering of a Visa on the altar of UAS...

John

I will purchase this Koaloha Tenor from you... email sent.

I am honestly surprised this lasted as long as it did. Seriously, if it weren't for my Kanile'a of two months back, this thing would have been a ghost almost immediately.

Congrats to hobo. Great buy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom