FS: Terry Mead Short-Scale all-wood 5-string banjo

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichM

Reaction score
Okay, uke players, been dying to get your banjo on but find full-scale banjos to be monstrous? This Terry Mead short-scale banjo is just the ticket for a uke player who wants a 5-string sound. Instead of a skin head, it has a resonant cedar soundboard. Wonderful tone and plays beautifully. Planetary geared banjo tuners mean its easy to get in tune and stay in tune.

Scale length is 19 1/4" and tuning is like a banjo capoed at the 5th fret (cGCEG-- ukey, no?). Includes padded gig bag. $350 plus shipping & insurance.

Here's a sound sample:

http://www.4shared.com/embed/1037264779/336a83ac

Please PM me with questions. Thanks!

6527961729_92c44b0588_z.jpg

6527961783_a74a4546e3_z.jpg

Last edited:
I have two of his banjo-ukes. They're really works of art...and they sound great, too!

This is actually still available... I just haven't thought about it much lately!

Yes, I still have it---it came in handy for a little recording project I had, so I held onto it, but happy to put it back up if anyone wants it!

I have been thinking about getting a Mead short scale. Is this an older model? The current "head" is usually redwood. Does the gig bag fit the banjo well?

I have had this one for probably 6 or 7 years, so I guess that qualifies it as an older model. It has a heavily padded gigbag that is an excellent fit. Not sure about the truss rod, I'll grab the instrument when I'm home and confirm. Feel free to PM me if you want more info. Thanks!

Always amazed me how much like a skin head banjo these babies sound. Nice instruments.

Littlebanjo, please check your Private Message inbox. You should be able to click on Notifications at the top of the screen. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom