Any uke groups in the South Jersey Area? Any interest?

efiscella

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I know there is a group in Central New jersey but if you live in south Jersey then you know at traveling up the turnpike is not all that convenient. I was wondering if there is a group here in the south Jersey area that is already formed, and if not, what are the thoughts about forming one? do we have any users here?

I'm just starting to learn. It would be great to have a group in the SJ area. I live near Ft. Dix
and would be willing to travel.

rick b

I used to teach guitar over in Lakehursts. i live on the coast by Seaside Heights. i guess thats more central, but the central group is by philly and is too far for me. i wish there was a group over my way. well ther is me and my bassist (who just got a baritone) so we are sort of a group of 2 lol

The Ukulele Club of New Jersey (http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/njuke/) meets once a month at members' homes throughout New Jersey. Mostly, that been on the eastern side of the state, but if members join from other parts of the state and wish to host, some of us will travel to your place to play. Our January jam, which will be on Sunday, Jan. 8, will be in Ocean, NJ, which I believe is in Monmouth County.

- FiL

I see this thread is a bit old but I'd like to see if anything did get going from this thread in southern Jersey. I'm in the Haddonfield (Cherry Hill) area but spend most of my summer down in Ocean City, NJ. Any Jersey shore strummers want to get together?

Im from the Winslow/ Berlin area and interested in ukeing around.
Is this thread dead, I might be late.

I'm in Blackwood NJ and would love to hook up with some other folks to play. I share the opinion that we need a South Jersey group. Mainline Philly and Princeton NJ area are just too far!

I play with my son who plays guitar, but he's more unfocused than I am.
Lol!
I bounce off my bud who plays a mean keyboard, but conflicting schedules.

I am definetly looking to jam with fellow ukers.

There is a South Jersey ukulele circle that meets in Voorhees on the 2nd and 4th Monday of each month. Their meetings are from 7pm-9pm at the Coffee Works in the Ritz Center (910 Berlin Road, Voorhees NJ). All levels are welcome.

Here's their facebook page: www.facebook.com/SouthJerseyUkuleleCircle

There is a South Jersey ukulele circle that meets in Voorhees on the 2nd and 4th Monday of each month. Their meetings are from 7pm-9pm at the Coffee Works in the Ritz Center (910 Berlin Road, Voorhees NJ). All levels are welcome.

Here's their facebook page: www.facebook.com/SouthJerseyUkuleleCircle
Im gonna check this out....I've been trying to find something close to me for a long time!

Yea, me too. I could practically walk there. I don't "do" facebook. Is there another way of contacting this group?

I'm a member of the SJ Ukulele Circle - please feel free to pm me for information (or you can just stop by at our next meeting on Jan. 13th with your uke and play with us!). We are a merry band of eclectic musicians, devoted to the instrument, and will give you a warm South Jersey welcome. We normally meet 7-9 PM the 2nd & 4th Mondays of every month @ CoffeeWorks in the (formerly known as) Ritz center off 561 in Voorhees. We use Jim Beloff's Daily Ukulele (vol. 1) and also share tabs off the 'net that catch our fancy.

Stay safe & dry in the snow! Hope to see you on the 13th @ Coffee Works!

Top Bottom