"English Country Garden"

H

Hippie Dribble

traditional. impromptu recording at Esk Market, Launceston
Sunday December 18, 2011

Jemimah took her little lime green mahalo to market this morning and she had an awesome idea of recording this sweet old tune in front of our flower stall. Always one for a challenge, I took her up on it and she filmed me playing in front of a number of bermused patrons! Unfortunately, listening to it you'd think we were in the middle of a hurricane...alas, it was a gentle breeze with the occasional monsoonal gust LOL! I decided to keep it anyway because of the lovely atmosphere there today and the good feelings all round in the week before Christmas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcP54FwmzFo

:)

Aloha Bruddah Eugene...
wow Launceston, Tassie really looks like honolulu's farmer markets...Love the impromptu song..and a sneak peek of Mrs Eugenie...
looked like a nice day...and fun times.... happy for you and the wonderful weekend you had...love the matching color theme too.
Green and yellow...made a nice video choice...Seasons Greetings to you and yoru family..Have a Merry Christmas..

Great to see you got all those beaut flowers picked and off to market, well done to all the family for what must have been a pretty tough job. What really amazes me about you (apart from your obvious charm & good looks) is that you are able to remember the lyrics to so many songs! Well done mate.

Ditto about remembering so many lyrics. I don't think I can aspire to your vocal technique, Eugene, but if I could be halfway as relaxed and smiling as you when I sing, I would be very happy. Great job, as usual.

Jon - great video. Farmers market in my hometown and always some music played. Made me think of home.

Jeff

You must have at least a thousand songs in your repertoire. The tune is so familiar, but I'm not sure I've ever heard the lyrics before. Another gem!

thankyou guys, so much. It was an awesome day...lots of good food and fun. We started with 63 bunches and only took 11 home for friends and family...so we were pretty pleased to get a little extra pocket money for Christmas. Best thing about these markets, apart from the good people, is the organic food you can buy..a rare thing these days to actually know what you're eating. Our blessings to you all. :)

Wonderful, Jon.

I played this for the first time last summer, for my Father-in-law - I knew the tune in my head, didn't know the name or any of the lyrics, and I can't come close to playing it anywhere as well as you do - or, for that matter, pronouncing the words as rapidly as you can.

Keep up the great videos - you've set the bar much higher than I can reach, but I do strum along with your videos, and get rather happy when I can finish the song at the same time as you do. (g)

Also glad that you're selling at the Farmer's Market - I buy most of my groceries from two in my area, and wholly support them.

-Kurt​

Top Bottom