Jake on Prarie Home next week

My brother just told me that Jake Shimabukuro will be on Orator Home Companion next week.

Are you talking about Garrison Keillor's show on public radio or something else?

I always enjoy Prairie Home Companion when I think to put it on and I'd like to catch that for sure!

The title of the original post reads "Prairie Home Companion." I'm not sure what "Orator Home Companion" is either, although it sounds a little like a sex toy.

Garrison Keillor's show seems like a perfect match for Jake. I will keep my ears open, too.

The title of the original post reads "Prairie Home Companion." I'm not sure what "Orator Home Companion" is either, although it sounds a little like a sex toy.

"Orator Home Companion " is what the autocorrect on an Android Smart phone changes Prairie Home Companion into. I only know this because that's the same error I got yesterday when my wife sent me a text to let me know PHC was on the air.

Oh, and next week's show is a compilation of old shows. The week after that, they will be in Hawai'i, and Jake is scheduled for that show. December 31, 2011.

-Kurt​

Ledward Kaapana will be appearing as well. Primarily a slack key guitarist, he's no slouch on the ukulele either.

I saw Ledward Kaapana live earlier this year in Oakland CA as part of a Legends concert that included Rev. Dennis Kamakahi. His performance was great. I'm not a big fan of Garrison Keillor (such heresy!), but the December 31 program from Honolulu sounds great.

I'm not a big fan of Garrison Keillor (such heresy!), but the December 31 program from Honolulu sounds great.

Gee, and I liked you until now.... (g)

The first slack key recording I ever heard was by Ledward Kaapana. It was wonderful.

-Kurt​

Thanks so much for the link....

And if you look closely, you can actually download the Mp3 file. this will go right into my Ipod in a few minutes.

I like listening to Jake talk, he is such a nice person that it comes across in the way he speaks. I've head the honor to meet him 3 times, and each time me, my wife and friends have been just as impressed by his personality as his music! Even got my first uke (Kala Spruce Top) signed by him a few weeks ago.

So having this mp3 is priceless for me.

Now if anybody can provide a link to the Prairie home show... that woud be soooo Coool!

Aloha!
Ivan

Last edited:
Thanks Chuck, I did not realize they finally posted the show over at the prairie home website. I'm listening to it now.

Top Bottom