Best strings for Cordoba tenor

No offense intended, but that's like asking what's the best wax for a Lamborghini. It's been said quite often that it really comes odwn to personal preference. Best advice would be to try some of brands constantly being mentioned or discussed. A few names to consider; Aquila, Worth, D'Addario, Ko'olau, Hilo, Fremont.

like kanaka said, it is most definite your own preference!!

on my Mahogany tenor I've god Ko'olau Gold, high C woud

on my Blackwood tenor I've got J71 D'Addario's

so not all ukes should be using the same strings, just choose the correct ones that sound good on your ukulele. Obviously to your own liking. :music:

This instrument is advertised as being made of solid "koa", but it is some wood from somewhere, but it isn't koa. The top seems to be fairly heavily braced. I thought there might be a member out there that has had experience with this particular tenor uke. So, I guess the question should have been.....................

What would be a good string to try on a tenor ukulele built of solid fake koa with a fairly heavily braced top?

I've seen them advertised as "Portuguese koa."

Huh? :confused:

Like Lehua ukes, they're made of the blackwood variety of acacia (related to koa). As for the best strings, it's all a matter of personal preference! You won't know until you try, and you might hate the sound that someone else loves. ;)

Wow. I have the same Uke.

Mine has an under saddle pickup with EQ.
I hated the original strings, wound c.
Tried many various brands: D'Addario, Savarz, etc. I finally settled on Worth CT clears, High G. GCEA tuning. They are bright, easy on the fingers, and sound pure for strumming, and picking.

Give them a try.

Thanks for the suggestion, keokie38. I'll order a set and give them a try. I need to dress the frets and make a new saddle. At present my strings are way too low and I'm not getting much sound out of this instrument.

Thanks again

One point to remember, what may sound good to one person may not sound good to another. Just my $.02 . . .

Top Bottom