Mahalo U320-T Strings

Troy1979

Reaction score
Need someone's advice on this preferably some who owns one. My Mahalo U320-T says that it already comes with Aquila strings with the C string in steel coated, should i replace it with another Aquila string? just standard also not to low G strings.

Do you not like the wound? If not then replace it. Aquila string sets come in different configurations such as all non wound, Nylgut w/wound g, w/a low wound g, w/a wound g and c. I would suggest to let it stretch out and play with it and if you still don't like it, then replace the entire set. There are numerous string set to choose from and finding one you'll like can be a task. See this thread on Uke Strings.

Thank you Kanaka916, I can't make a comparison with sounds because this is my first uke so i just wanted to know if the stock Aquila strings is way different/better if you changed it to another standard Aquila string(Not in low G) because i noticed that other Aquila string doesn't come with a steel coated(braided?) on the C=3rd string while my mahalo U320-T comes with it.

There are folks who prefer unwound strings because they don't like the squeak as you move from chord to chord. My question is are you liking what you're hearing from your instrument? It's hard to determine whether or not you prefer an unwound set over a set with a wound string. As I said, you can try an unwound set and go from there.

Top Bottom