Giving Thanks to all of you.

mendel

Reaction score
I don't mean to get all sentimental on you guys....BUT:

I want to thank the founders of this site for changing my life. I want to thank all of the members here for becoming such an important part of my life experience. I have never before found a bunch of real life "strangers" who are so willing to accept new people and do things for others the way people on this site do. My son brought me to the Ukulele, and the Ukulele brought me here. I know that life is strange and has many pitfalls, but even when I am old and gray with uber arthritic hands and I am not able to make music the way I want to anymore, I will always be appreciative of what this experience here has given me. It has given me a birthright that I can pass on to my children and grandchildren. The instruments that I play will hopefully be passed down for many generations of my family. In an odd way, each time one of them picky up the uke to play it and make beautiful music, I feel like wherever I am... and after college, there is a good chance I may be sitting on a barstool in a VERY hot place (lol), I feel like my soul will smile. Happy holidays and a wonderful new year filled with health, wealth, and happiness to each of you- my closest internet friends.

Rich M.

Just another oportunity to keep Thanksgiving going!

Thank you UU creators! And fellow UU Ohana members!

keep uke'in' everybody,

and to you Richard,

thank YOU mate, for the generosity of spirit and enthusiasm you have brought here. Blessings to you and your wonderful family for Christmas, the new year and beyond... :)

Love this thread~ thank you! I feel so much the way you do, arthritis & all.

Thanks, Rich :D

I feel like we all should be grateful for what this site and the Ukulele have brought to our lives! I know I am so grateful for the founders and all that I have learnt from UU and its members!

YAY for UU :D

That pretty well sums it up. I don't have children, but I have a niece who now plays ukulele. I do feel much the same way about the family here. This is a great place, full of great people. I've learned a lot from you all, both about ukuleles and life in general.
Happy Christmas to all of you!

What Rich said. Thanks to everyone here for having enriched my life, for the kindness you show to the newbies (of which I was one not long ago), and for living the aloha spirit instead of just talking about it. Mahalos and happy holidays!

Well, if enthusiasm is on order, you probably ought to thank yourself...I got a feeling you can make the best of anything.
But this place is pretty special-innit?
Bless Up

I have to keep this brief since I'm one finger typing on the iPad while Pixie recovers from her surgery and is battling the urge to lick icky itchy stitches, lying on my lap. I try not to evangelize the uke too much, because it should be just another instrument no different than any other....

But the uke brings together people like y'all, which is a plus in my book!

"God bless us every one."

Tiny Tim

I feel the same as you Rich, i have never ever felt as much a part of something as i do when i am on UU, i have made friends from all over the world, the warmth i have received on here is second to none, i have dabbled with other instruments in the past for a coupla weeks and then hit a wall and never played them again, here if you hit a wall the guys and gals help you through, they advise you and are there for you, any question or problem gets answered so you are never alone, Merry christmas and a happy new year Rich

Top Bottom