Best Tenor Uke for around $250? (preferably with pickups?)

Sporin

Reaction score
Thanks to a Cinderella-story of a Fantasy Football season I'm going to have a few hundred dollars of genuine "mad money" to buy a second Uke with.

I currently play a nice, beginners Kala Concert that I really like but would like to get a Tenor and of higher quality that I can amplify through my Line6 Amplifier.

(Bit of background, i bought an Eleuke, which is a hoot to make noise with, but I just don't enjoy playing it as much as an acoustic uke. The Eleuke is for sale)

I'm still a relative beginner, only been playing since since March, but I'm a good Chord strummer and play regularly with uke and Guitar playing friends as well as twice a month in my local Uke Club.

So I'd love to add a second uke to the stable and want to make sure I spend my money wisely. I'm quite enamored with the RipTide by Boulder Creek.. From Uke Republic...

$229.90 - On Sale

RipTide Mahogany Tenor w/ PreAmp w/ Tuner
EUT-5NS

RipTide by Boulder Creek

All Standard Mahogany Series feature Mahogany tops, backs, and sides for the traditional ukulele look and tonal characteristics. The exclusive "Dual Port System" projects the sound to both the audience and the player. Moving the front sound port away from the center of the soundboard helps to increase volume, tone, and sustain on all Boulder Creek ukuleles. Die cast tuning machines and perfect fret leveling make them stay in tune and play easier than ukes costing much more.

• Mahogany Top, Back & Sides
  • Rosewood Fingerboard & Saddle
  • Bone Nut & Saddle
  • Natural Finish
  • LENGTH 26.25"
  • WIDTH 9"
  • DEPTH 3.25"
  • Natural Finish
  • PreAmp with Tuner
  • RipTide Embroidered Logo Padded black uke bag[

I did some searching but most of the recommendation threads seem to be for entry level ($100±) ukes.

Thoughts? Recomendations?

I just bought a Mainland tenor and it is quite fantastic. It does not have a pickup. Not sure if they would install one. It would be worth looking into.

Thanks, unfortunately, I won't have the money in hand for a few weeks but I'll definitley check out the Mainlands!

Top Bottom