Just got a subscription to UkuleleTricks

fretsknot

Reaction score
The videos on the UkuleleTricks have been so helpful. I've learned so much from the site already. So today they posted on FB that you can get 40% off of a subscription to the full lesson package so I went for it! Definitely good value for a beginner like me!

The videos on the UkuleleTricks have been so helpful. I've learned so much from the site already. So today they posted on FB that you can get 40% off of a subscription to the full lesson package so I went for it! Definitely good value for a beginner like me!

Thanks for the info. I've just sent my paypal money over. :D

Last edited:
I too have got the ukulele tricks when it was on offer. I think it is really good value. It is just like a dvd but you get work sheets and Brett explains everything really clearly and breaks everything down. You also get the chance to ask him questions. I would highly recommend it for beginners and do as he says and take your time going through the lessons.

That's great...err...what's FB and what are you talking about?

Link?

That's great...err...what's FB and what are you talking about?

Link?

Just happened to read this thread... FaceBook most likely. I've been to the ukulele tricks site and it looks very useful and friendly. Lotsa good info.

Thanks for the heads up :D

Seemingly, I am dense.

Can someone please link me to the "40% off of a subscription to the full lesson package" referenced in the OP? I can't find it.

Thank you

From their Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/ukuleletricks?sk=wall

"Ho, ho, ho... It's Christmastime! In the spirit of the season, get 40% off my video lesson course Ukulele Strumming Tricks. Enter in the coupon code "JINGLEBELLS" when you check out!"

Isn't ukulele tricks direct competition to UU? Just saying..

Isn't ukulele tricks direct competition to UU? Just saying..

Uu is much more advanced both in terms of lessons/technique and the entire web site IMHO . UU has nothing to "fear" from uke secrets :) or anyone else!! UU is the go-to-place on the Internet for ukulele.....

Last edited:
Seems like they are just doing UU's UU+ program. And then post it on the UU forums? Really?

And about the techniques being to advanced.. The lessons at UU are supposed to be used in an order.. there are easier lessons/techniques AG teaches that lead to the advanced techniques. They're growing the next generation so its as if you follow the lessons UU puts out, your skills will grow to be able to do them. But you have to start at the beginning..

Seems like they are just doing UU's UU+ program. And then post it on the UU forums? Really?

And about the techniques being to advanced.. The lessons at UU are supposed to be used in an order.. there are easier lessons/techniques AG teaches that lead to the advanced techniques. They're growing the next generation so its as if you follow the lessons UU puts out, your skills will grow to be able to do them. But you have to start at the beginning..

Woe Hang on :D in case I am causing confusion - I am SUPPORTING UU.... I meant that UU is more Sophisticated and evolved is all.... I appreciate that it has a complete program - I just don't think it needs to worry about a site that has maybe 20 videos on it... it is kinda like a grain of sand versus the beach :biglaugh:

Having said that let me say this..(which politician popularised that phrase?) - IF the developer of the other site is self promoting here without full disclosure then I would agree - that is NOT ON!....

Last edited:
fair point if i was going to shell out for online lessons i know where my money would be going, ukuleletricks was and still is a good source for the beginner and the guy on there is a decent tutor, but he is no Aldrine, the one and only reason i have not signed up for the online UU course is that it would not let me pay by paypal, but thats another story

OK, so clearly I've got to investigate UU more...came here as a new uke player looking for a forum...I wasn't aware that it also provides a beginner lesson package....

Top Bottom